C&C to produce H&A Round?
[-]
  •
05-30-2013, 09:43 PM,
C&C to produce H&A Round?
So I was shamelessly stalking the Investor Village forums for C&C (where a few of their investors talk about all things C&C related) and discovered that during their Stock Holders Meeting (SHM) Randy said that they would be introducing an H&A cut to market for moissanite, with some stones being shown at the JCK show in Vegas this week. Linkage: http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?...d=12818955

Anyone more in the know than me (and who has had internet this last week!) know about this, or seen one?! I wonder if this is their response to a demand for some better cuts, along with the knowledge of the upcoming Amora Gem that will be competing in the moissanite market?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-31-2013, 01:43 AM,
RE: C&C to produce H&A Round?
I know nothing, but it does sound exciting. (Still think Amora gem will trump it).

I like options though!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
05-31-2013, 05:01 AM,
Awesome, the more options the better! This is great because I am not E color stone kinda girl Wink

[-] The following 1 user Likes PimpMyRing's post:
  • ali_roxx
05-31-2013, 05:28 AM,
(05-31-2013, 05:01 AM)MoreSparkles! Wrote: Awesome, the more options the better! This is great because I am not E color stone kinda girl Wink

+1 Let's hope they are going to come up with an ACC soon, too! Smile

[-]
  •
05-31-2013, 06:07 AM,
That's pretty cool! I haven't heard of this until now. Can't wait to see them.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
05-31-2013, 06:13 AM,
Now that I would buy!

[-]
  •
05-31-2013, 08:48 AM,
Oh, cool! I'd be interested to see how it turns out!

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
05-31-2013, 09:39 AM,
Woot

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-31-2013, 09:41 AM,
Forget the H&A we need more antique cuts lol but this is exciting news.

[-] The following 1 user Likes MissCassie's post:
  • PimpMyRing
05-31-2013, 10:03 AM,
Well, the person sharing their notes from the SHM also shared that apparently they believe their new whiter rough to be coming in at "G" color right now, and expect to reach E/F by next year. If they are purchasing rough from CREE, who is still growing the same crystal type of moissanite that they have been growing, we know thanks to Less's posts about the bandgap widths of various crystal structures that their rough can get pretty darn close, but not actually into colorless, which for me as well would be fine, G/H is plenty good for me if the cut is great!

They also mentioned not seeing any significant volume of the H&A cut until *maybe* Q4. I certainly hope so, I'd love to upgrade my stud earrings for Christmas! Big Grin What really excites me about this H&A cut is that if they have managed to pull it off, then that means they are FINALLY listening to their customers about their desire for better/more varied cuts, which hopefully will continue to trickle on and they will keep improving some of their other cuts and hopefully create more, like some additional antiques. Big Grin Wish I could have been at that JCK show to see them!