Calling all Australian TFL ladies - your advice please!!
[-]
  •
06-01-2014, 11:37 PM,
Calling all Australian TFL ladies - your advice please!!
Hi Ozzie TFL ladies,

Just wanted to find out what options I have open to me with regards to getting my money back for an item I purchased where I have not been able to contact the vendor to process an RMA.

I purchased a CZ sterling silver wedding band from website http://www.czjewellery.com.au/. The website states that it takes up to 48 hours to process an order and then up to 7 days delivery for the item to be delivered across Australia. Well, I ordered the band on 28th March and then I forgot that I even ordered it. On 30th April (more than a month later!), I received an email from them saying that my order had been shipped.

It was delivered 5 days after this and I tried to contact them immediately by email requesting a return form as I no longer required the band. (Bascially I wanted a nice cheap wedding band to wear while my 3 stone wedding set was being made by DK. But as it arrived so much later than promised then I no longer needed it as my 3 stone ring was finished.)

I have sent 4 emails now and each time I do the email bounces and I get a "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" email from Gmail saying that the issue is due to "451 Temporary local problem - please try later".

I have also tried calling the number given on the website and noone yet has asnwered my calls. Each time I ring I leave a message with my details (name, contact number and reason for calling) but I have not yet received a phone call back.

The amount of the band was only $50 but its so frustrating that they wont contact me back and let me return their product!! Quite frankly, taking one month to process an order and ship nationally from Perth (where they are located) to Sydney is terrible and as a matter of principle I just want to get my money back.

What can I do? I have payed by PayPal but i do not think I can open a dispute as I made payment more than 45 days ago (28th March).

I dont really want to suck it up and let it go as I cannot even wear the ring, its crap and looks really fake. Of course, a silver and CZ ring is not going to look like a high quality gold and diamond band but the ring is yuk and not even as nice as some other cheapie bands I've bought from Berricle. Even the ring box was broken!

HELP PLEASE!

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-02-2014, 01:12 AM,
RE: Calling all Australian TFL ladies - your advice please!!
Ugh, that sucks. Angry

I agree that as it is over 45 days it is unlikely paypal would help.

I don't have any suggestions other than to keep trying. Maybe some one else will have a more helpful suggestion, but for now at least I bumped the post for you.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
06-02-2014, 01:49 AM,
@Frosty, @ringcat, @JuBe, @dreamingofbling - any ideas?

[-] The following 1 user Likes ringcat's post:
  • OoohShiny
06-02-2014, 03:07 AM,
Sorry to hear about your experience bling it on. I agree you should get your money back if you can.

I am not sure that PayPal can be of help now that it has been more than 45 days. I agree that your best bet is to just keep trying them. Sounds like they may be a small business that is just overwhelmed or run by 1 person. May take them time to get back to you. Or return calls. I think you will have better luck with calling than email.

All the best. Give it a go. If it doesn't work, at least it wasn't so big a sum anyway.

[-]
  •
06-02-2014, 03:47 AM,
Hmmm i'm not sure either.... You could try with PayPal and see how you go, just in case? Make sure you point out how far beyond the time estimate it was delivered. Can't hurt, right? Sorry, it's a bum situation!

[-]
  •
06-02-2014, 04:30 AM,
I've called 5 times over the past month since it was delivered and have left my contact details every time. Even if it was just one person running the show, they would have been able to get back to me after 1 whole month!
I will try with PayPal, maybe also the Department of Fair Trading?

[-]
  •
06-02-2014, 04:38 AM,
Maybe http://australia.gov.au/help-and-contact...nd-queries

You can try paypal, but pretty sure that ship has sailed.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
06-02-2014, 05:14 AM,
@OoohShiny - thank you! I wasn't sure which government site I should be looking at

[-]
  •
06-02-2014, 06:35 AM,
Bummer! Are you able to dispute on your card or through your bank from the method of payment? It sounds like this business might be kind of sketchy not being able to get a hold of them after so many attempts. Good luck!!!

[-]
  •
06-05-2014, 06:44 PM,
I would be calling the consumer ombudsmen - and launching a complaint. They will generally chase it up on your behalf. You have the email details from the paypal transaction. Has the ring arrived and is it in good order?

Definitely go through fair trading. Any retailer in Australia must accept a return of a product... but I know the terms are if the item is faulty.. I would follow the route of delivery not being as advertised. I would also speak to your credit card company.

Sorry it took me so long to reply!!