Can DK replicate this?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shelley's post:
  • JuBe
02-20-2014, 07:48 AM,
Can DK replicate this?
I've fallen in love with this setting! I'm not going to look anymore as I believe this is the one. I've already contacted DK about making a new ring for my 1ct OEC and he has given me some really good price quotes. Is this the type of project that his bench does well? The other rings I've seen by DK have been beautiful but I've never seen anything in this style before. Are there other designers I could speak to?

Thanks!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-20-2014, 07:56 AM,
RE: Can DK replicate this?
This is so pretty! My octagon three stone was made by DK and he did a good job on it! @Idahosubaro's sapphire ring was made by the higher bench with DK. I think he did an excellent job on her ring! It does look like there is some hand engraving, and I can't speak to DKs work on that, but I know Schubie's has Teo and he is amazeballs.. You'll definitely want someone that has the skills to execute this ring the way you want it though Smile

[-]
  •
02-20-2014, 08:00 AM,
I will go and look for your ring! Do you know how Schubachs compare pricewise to DK? Does DK decide which bench to use depending on the project or can you request a specific one based on other peoples experiences?

[-]
  •
02-20-2014, 08:09 AM,
I think it depends on the project, but I don't think it would be too different. It would be best to reach out to Jenn or Beth at Schubie's to get an accurate quote!

I think DK has a couple benches at least from the quality of work that I have gotten from him. You can definitely request it if it's a more intricate piece. If I remember correctly someone had said the higher bench is the same one that is used by Singlestone.

[-]
  •
02-20-2014, 08:12 AM,
I will ask for a quote. I did read about the singlestone bench. I wonder if you have to pay extra for that one. I wouldn't mind. I love their rings - they are just way out of any budget I might ever have lol!

I found your ring, it's stunning!

[-]
  •
02-20-2014, 08:25 AM,
Thanks! Yep for repro pieces like this it's definitely worth spending the extra $$$ to get it done right Smile

[-]
  •
02-20-2014, 09:08 AM,
@Shelley my vintage ring by DK is gorgeous and the engraving is top notch!

Here are pics and second page has tons that show the engraving.

http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-My-vintage-ring

[-]
  •
02-20-2014, 09:14 AM,
I saw your ring on PS and it really helped me to make the decision to contact DK! It looks amazing and I scrolled in really close for a good look!!

[-]
  •
02-20-2014, 12:23 PM,
I find his repro pieces very well done. He does not use the same bench as singlestone. They are or were in the same building though. Schubies repros are really good too they have videos and different benches/price points as well.

As for singlestone I've gotten 2 quotes, solitaire was $3500 and solitaire with a bit of melee was $6500-$7000 just FYI. Of course their settings are all hand done and the labour is very time consuming so it's not comparing apples to apples when you look at their prices vs a cast piece. Honestly I was shocked that they're more than Leon.

[-]
  •
02-20-2014, 12:57 PM,
I definitely can't afford Singlestone prices. And I would feel guilty spending that much on a ring. But that's just me. I'm all for other people buying their stuff so I can love on it from afar Big Grin

I had my quote from DK and it's very reasonable. I will contact Schubachs too and see what they say.