Poll: What metal should I choose for the nicer band?
White gold
Platinum
Palladium
Other
[Show Results]

Can I see your guy's wedding bands/engagement rings?
[-]
  •
02-06-2014, 11:05 AM,
Can I see your guy's wedding bands/engagement rings?
My (hopefully) soon-to-be fiancé had mentioned that he wouldn't mind wearing an engagement ring so I figured I'd get him a fun tungsten band for him to get used to wearing a ring and then a nicer one for the wedding. This is a total 360 from his previous "I hate jewelry and refuse to wear a ring" stance, I think that his best friend wearing a "man-gagement" ring probably has something to do with it. Wink

What do your guys' bands look like and what are they made of?

Plus, what metal would you suggest for the nicer band? He's a marketing guy/computer nerd so there's really no concern like there would be with mechanics, contractors, etc. The only thing that's out is yellow gold (he prefers silver metals).

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-06-2014, 11:23 AM,
RE: Can I see your guy's wedding bands/engagement rings?
my dh has three. White gold, yellow gold, and rose gold.

here is the rose

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-06-2014, 12:20 PM,
My husband wears yellow gold. Just a simple comfort fit band :-)

[-]
  •
02-06-2014, 03:19 PM,
My dh has a yellow gold comfort fit band with a claddagh pattern in repeat around it. I'll take a photo when he gets home.

[-]
  •
02-06-2014, 03:34 PM,
Here is his band. Same one he has worn for a decade and a half :-)

[-]
  •
02-06-2014, 03:36 PM,
Mine wears a comfort fit white gold band to replace his original comfort fit yellow gold band after he decided we needed to match. Smile

[-]
  •
02-06-2014, 03:38 PM,
(02-06-2014, 03:36 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: Mine wears a comfort fit white gold band to replace his original comfort fit yellow gold band after he decided we needed to match. Smile

Lol. We do not match. I preferred white gold in thr beginning and now prefer rose. Lol.

[-]
  •
02-06-2014, 04:03 PM,
(02-06-2014, 03:36 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: Mine wears a comfort fit white gold band to replace his original comfort fit yellow gold band after he decided we needed to match. Smile

I actually like the matching concept! Mostly because the matching band to mine would be a milgrained white gold band, which I LOVE (not sure how he feels). He has very very simple tastes when it comes to wedding bands, he would never have any sort of gemstone or flashy pattern on his. More sparkles for me!

[-]
  •
02-06-2014, 04:31 PM,
(02-06-2014, 04:03 PM)musician32992 Wrote:

I actually like the matching concept! Mostly because the matching band to mine would be a milgrained white gold band, which I LOVE (not sure how he feels). He has very very simple tastes when it comes to wedding bands, he would never have any sort of gemstone or flashy pattern on his. More sparkles for me!

I think you can't go wrong with a milgrained band and they look equally nice on both genders. Smile

[-]
  •
02-06-2014, 06:49 PM,
My husband has 3 wedding bands.

Tungsten

Rose gold

Yellow gold

I think I want to get him a different yellow gold band though. I am not crazy about that one.

He also had an engagement ring. It was titanium. Like your guy, he casually mentioned one day that he wouldn't mind having an engagement ring. So I bought him one. Big Grin