Can't figure out how to love these stones...
[-]
  •
08-10-2013, 03:11 PM,
Can't figure out how to love these stones...
I have two RB unenhanced moissanites that I've had for a few years now. They were my first 2 e-ring stones before I decided I just didn't like moissanite. I think I was probably wrong on that front but what really bothers me is:
-I don't like the RB cut. I just don't.
-the bigger one is older stock and it's just too green/gray.
-I don't like the settings. They are too boring and do nothing for me or the stones. I was going for classic but turns out I don't like that. Blush I was a n00b and I regret not doing more research first.

But anyway. One a 6.5 mm, one's a 5mm. I don't want to get rid of them because, well, my love gave them to me. But I literally never wear them.

Pics:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I was thinking about maybe getting another 5mm and setting them in a bezeled three stone with a textured band - if it was more of an "artistic" setting, less "fine jewelry" maybe I could stop wishing they were something else and appreciating them for the cute, funky stones they are? And maybe a more open setting would let light in and help with the bigger stone's moods? Something like this:

I know I need something more interesting/intricate going on, but maybe a classic three stone setting would be enough once all the stones were together? I do like that Cartier repro that's been on the Bistro ... but then again it has OEC stones which I know I love and they may be influencing me.

Am I just trying to pour more money after bad here? I don't like them sitting around wasting away though. Makes me feel guilty. And in the right light and at the right angle, they are stunning ... Huh

Thoughts?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-10-2013, 03:13 PM,
RE: Can't figure out how to love these stones...
Sorry the pics are so gigantic!

[-]
  •
08-10-2013, 04:39 PM,
Or, another idea would be to get a teensier Moissy and have a three seperate organic ring stacker.. sticking with a more textured feel, as you said...

Just an idea..

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
08-10-2013, 05:33 PM,
(08-10-2013, 04:39 PM)OoohShiny Wrote: Or, another idea would be to get a teensier Moissy and have a three seperate organic ring stacker.. sticking with a more textured feel, as you said...

Just an idea..

I like this idea. Based on what you said, they are not well matched for a 3 stone. But 3 different stackers could work great!!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes JuBe's post:
  • OoohShiny
08-10-2013, 05:47 PM,
Ooh yeah with a coloured stone as well to take the emphasis off the colour you don't like?

[-]
  •
08-10-2013, 06:08 PM,
Hmm, a colored stone might work! Perhaps a yellow sapphire so the larger moissy would look white by comparison?

I was also thinking I could maybe put the bigger one in a double bezel/milgrain pendant and then make 5mm stud earrings. That way I wouldn't be staring at any of them, lol. Although actually the 5mm is a really cute stone, I just don't like the basket or chain I have with it currently. It's pretty white though. And the cut doesn't bother me as much in a smaller size.

[-]
  •
08-11-2013, 11:26 AM,
I'm not dismissing the idea of 3 organic stackers, but still exploring a three stone idea ... I made these mockups today.

[-]
  •
08-11-2013, 11:31 AM,
That is pretty!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-11-2013, 11:41 AM,
There's also a noticeable difference in the two golds they are currently set in - the larger one is in unplated white gold of an unknown alloy and it's definitely warm. I wonder if it's a.) not encased in a bezel and b.) set in plated white gold or platinum prongs if it would whiten up a little? It's probably two shades difference currently. Maybe a J and an L. Not even sure if the color difference next to each other bothers me though. They actually look beautiful in this sunny afternoon diffused light.

[-]
  •
08-11-2013, 12:04 PM,
I had these saved, might help for stacking ideas.
121-072 by Roxiblu143, on Flickr
il_570xN_199725999 by Roxiblu143, on Flickr