Change of direction - worried about telling DK
[-]
  •
04-22-2014, 03:30 PM,
Change of direction - worried about telling DK
I am thinking of going back to my original plan of an antique style solitaire. The diamonds for my 3 stone were graded as L/M for the centre stone and H for one side stone and J for the other. I don't think I will be happy with the colour difference.

My problem is I'm worried about telling David about going back to the beginning. He has already done 2 cads already for the 3 stone. Has anyone had any experience with this with him?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-22-2014, 03:36 PM,
RE: Change of direction - worried about telling DK
I don't think he will mind, just be honest with him. Explain the problem and do new cads. He will want you to be happy. BEtter to tell him now in the cad stage than after he casts

[-]
  •
04-22-2014, 03:46 PM,
I will email him. He's been so patient with me. I feel bad asking him to start again.

[-]
  •
04-22-2014, 03:46 PM,
Definitely tell him now before any more time is spent. He absolutely wants you to have the ring you really want. He will be fine.

[-]
  •
04-22-2014, 03:56 PM,
I've sent a message. I'm such a baby. I hope he doesn't mind.

[-]
  •
04-22-2014, 03:59 PM,
@Shelley - Hahaha, I'm on my 5th quote from DK as I kept changing my mind on the ring setting and now I've finally settled on the 3 stone ring. He is so nice but I wonder if he rolls his eyes at us when he receive these emails?!

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
04-22-2014, 04:01 PM,
I think he must! He seems so nice though. He is probably used to it!

[-]
  •
04-22-2014, 04:03 PM,
I'm probably his worst customer and he still treats me like I'm his only customer. Top notch service! He made me a pendant. I didn't like it and we started from scratch and he was nothing but professional and amazing throughout the whole thing.

[-]
  •
04-22-2014, 04:13 PM,
That's awesome Lorrisey! What a lovely vendor he is!

[-]
  •
04-22-2014, 05:11 PM,
I too worry about giving DK nervous twitches and jewellery PTSD.

He has done a CAD for me for this diamond and a wax mould.. he's done numerous quotations on a plethora of ideas I have had... and now finally I am designing my 3 stone. He has always been amazing and patient with me and I never get a hint of irritation. I would never dream of working with anyone else now..

He will also be resizing (AGAIN) keyhole and putting a ruby into it and resizing and removing the prongs from my platinum e ring and turning it into a band.

I heart him so bad. I want to give him a big smooch on his cheek.