Bubble band
Straight band
[Show Results]

Chose my setting! Sidestone help?
[-] The following 1 user Likes musician32992's post:
  • JuBe
10-17-2013, 12:54 PM,
Chose my setting! Sidestone help?
I've chosen my setting thanks to your help! Here's hoping I'll be getting it sometime within the next decade...

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Anyway...I'm getting this customized and would like to choose sidestones for the engagement ring and wedding band that won't look shockingly white/make my cushion look yellow. I'm getting it done in white gold for reference.

Gabriel and Co gave me these three melee options: D3 diamonds with “G-H” color stones, D4 diamonds with “H” color stones, and D5 diamonds with “J” color stones. I decided to buy from the retailer simply because I'm not a fan of having to ship my ring somewhere for repairs or if a sidestone falls out.

I'm trying to get the whitest cushion moissy (6mm, I listened to you ladies!) possible, so HOPEFULLY I can get an Amora; if not, I'll settle for Forever Brilliant. Based on the fact that FB is the only one available, I'm going to design my melee color grade based on that. Disclaimer: I do not currently know what FBs are grading/facing up as.

Also, these are my two choices for my band:

What do you think?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 01:07 PM,
RE: Chose my setting! Sidestone help?
Congrats on choosing the setting, it is gorgeous! Stars
6mm FB cushion is a great choice!
I love the look of bubble band, but my only concern is will any of these bands sit flush with the ring or would you need a slightly curved band?
Anyways, voted for a bubble one.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 01:10 PM,
(10-17-2013, 01:07 PM)sparkletiger Wrote: Congrats on choosing the setting, it is gorgeous! Stars
6mm FB cushion is a great choice!
I love the look of bubble band, but my only concern is will any of these bands sit flush with the ring or would you need a slightly curved band?
Anyways, voted for a bubble one.

I honestly LOVE the look of a straight band with this ring. I think it's so vintage-y and gorgeous! I love the bubble band too.

What color sidestones do you recommend?

[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 01:18 PM,
What does it mean D3, D4 and D5? I would go for H colour side stones.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 01:47 PM,
I vote straight band. Are they setting your stone? I would have them pick the melee to match once they get it. But if you are upgrading one day to AG or something, I would get as white as you can now.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 01:50 PM,
I like the straight band a lot. I would go for whiter stones.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 02:23 PM,
(10-17-2013, 01:18 PM)sparkletiger Wrote: What does it mean D3, D4 and D5? I would go for H colour side stones.

That's just how they categorize them, I suppose.

[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 02:42 PM,
(10-17-2013, 01:47 PM)jenncent Wrote: I vote straight band. Are they setting your stone? I would have them pick the melee to match once they get it. But if you are upgrading one day to AG or something, I would get as white as you can now.

They are! I found a jeweler that will work with any kind of stone, which has only happened twice thus far. Do you think I should take them the stone first and see what they say? I was leaning towards H color stones because 6mm cushion moissys are generally graded around an I color.

[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 02:53 PM,
often with melee, the higher the colour, the better the clarity and colour too. People that want high colour generally do not want inclusions etc... so I always get the best quality melee I can afford, as I think it is the sparkliest. The clarity and cut of it is just as important as the colour of it, if you want it to glitter away.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 02:54 PM,
As a standalone, I like the bubble ring. That said, if I were wearing them together, I would go with the straight band. Beautiful choices.