ChrisCZ OEC pictures
[-]
  •
12-26-2012, 08:06 PM,
ChrisCZ OEC pictures
So they finally came from across the pond. I ordered these so I can cheaply decide what size OEC moissanites to buy for my 5 stone ring. I have to say that they are very pretty themselves.

This is my inspiration but in a 5 stone - her center is huge though 2.7ct and the sides are .43ct.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

4mm 5mm 7.5mm 5mm 4mm - I think I like this size the best. If I were braver I could do an 8mm in the center.

4mm 5mm 7.0mm 5mm 4mm

4mm 5mm 6.5mm 5mm 4mm

4mm 5mm 6.0mm 5mm 4mm

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-26-2012, 08:08 PM,
RE: ChrisCZ OEC pictures
I like the biggest ones Hide

If you like the 8mm center, go for it! You'll get used to it real quick and it won't seem big. This ring will be amazing!

[-]
  •
12-26-2012, 08:08 PM,
After looking at the pictures it would be possible to do 4.5mm and 3.5mm on the sides also. That is if I can get that size in moissanite OEC.

[-]
  •
12-26-2012, 08:13 PM,
Moissy does come in the smaller sizes, but I would go for 8mm, 5mm, and 4mm too, lol. My fave is the first pic though, hands down. Smile Just make sure who ever makes it sets the stones under each other a bit...so it doesn't look wide an flat, but rather so that it curves with your finger.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-26-2012, 08:18 PM,
(12-26-2012, 08:13 PM)jenncent Wrote: Moissy does come in the smaller sizes, but I would go for 8mm, 5mm, and 4mm too, lol. My fave is the first pic though, hands down. Smile Just make sure who ever makes it sets the stones under each other a bit...so it doesn't look wide an flat, but rather so that it curves with your finger.

I just don't know if I have the guts to do 8mm after having the ring from Joyce with an 8mm and thinking "Good grief that is HUGE!"

Yes most definitely on the setting them under. You should see my list of do's and don'ts and pics for DK. I made a whole MS Word doc that is 3 pages long. I am sure that I am a PITA but better that than not giving enough I would think.

[-]
  •
12-26-2012, 08:29 PM,
I like the first combo too.

[-]
  •
12-26-2012, 08:30 PM,
See, I would say stick with the 7.5mm. I think with other stones around it, the ring is going to give you a good amount of finger coverage. I am planning on doing a 5 stone in the next couple of months too. Smile

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
12-26-2012, 08:40 PM,
I am sorry that I did not see the Project Thread. You guys can move this if you want.

[-]
  •
12-26-2012, 08:41 PM,
(12-26-2012, 08:30 PM)MrsK Wrote: See, I would say stick with the 7.5mm. I think with other stones around it, the ring is going to give you a good amount of finger coverage. I am planning on doing a 5 stone in the next couple of months too. Smile

This is my thought too and 8mm is just pretty darn big for me. Ooh I can't wait to see yours!

[-]
  •
12-26-2012, 08:44 PM,
The only I'm planning will only have a 5mm stone in the center. I would only do 8mm in a solitaire. That's me personally, though.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.