Coloured moissanite - your experiences?
[-]
  •
02-18-2014, 09:24 PM,
Coloured moissanite - your experiences?
Hi ladies,

So I am still entertaining the idea of a 3 stone ring with the ultra AG in 7mm as the centre stone.

After some thought and lots of feedback from all of you about your experiences with BTD sapphires, I've come to the conclusion that concave cut sapphires may not be the best match for the H&A cut ultra AG plus I cannot get the colour and size sapphires I want from BTD.

I am now thinking about coloured moissy which may be better in terms of the RB cut better matching the ultra H&A AG and also because the side moissys will be super sparkly also.

Do any of you have experiences with the peachy pink, canary yellow or green moissanite available from MoissaniteCo?

The peachy pink looks quite light in photos from what I can tell, but still darker than barely pink moissanite. Also, does anyone know if the canary yellow moissy has any green tints to it?

Apart from MCo - where else is good to buy coloured moissanite from?

@jenncent - you can buy coloured moissy from Schubachs right? I couldnt find any info/pricelists on the website or on Moisannite.net for coloured moissy

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 04:36 AM,
RE: Coloured moissanite - your experiences?
BUMP - I'd love to hear your opinions!

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 05:39 AM,
I have no personal experience with colored moissy but I was planning to buy an oval canary. Then I read some comments that turned me off. First, I'm not keen on it being coated because that can wear off with time. Then I heard that it has a green tint to it. That is unacceptable to me. I also know the BP moissy is coated. I'm sticking to FB for any additional projects until I can get the AG.

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 06:02 AM,
@Barlan - yes i dont want a yellow moissy with any green tint at all so I was hoping someone on this forum has had experience with yellow moissy. I know @EarthDiva didnt fancy the lemon yellow sapphires from BTD cos they had a green tint to them.

I've heard that BP moissy can lose its colour with heating, but I've not heard the same about other colour treated moissy. This is what the MCo website says about their coloured gemstones. I'm happy if they have a guarantee against losing colour, that way i could send it back if anything happened to the stone regarding loss of colour.

Mco website info on coloured moissy:
Is the treatment permanent?
The treatment is permanent as long as the stone is not exposed to excessive heat (greater than 1020° F).

Is special care required?
No special cleaner is required for our fancy colored Moissanite stones. Jewelry cleaning cloths and solutions are perfectly safe including ultrasonic and steam cleaners.

Do the color enhanced Moissanite gemstones come with any type of guarantee?
Yes, MoissaniteCo.com offers a lifetime guarantee on all color enhanced Moissanite gemstones

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 07:31 AM,
As far as vendors, Schubach's.. MoCo and Moissanite.com has colored ones. I have RB barely pinks and blues from Schubie's that I love. The color never faded when they were set. I would just make sure you're working with an experience jeweler who knows how to set and work with colored moissanite.

Schubie's doesn't have it on their website, but you can reach out to Jenn directly or email Beth and they can let you know what colors they have left still OR when the next batch of pinks is going in!

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 08:17 AM,
(02-19-2014, 06:02 AM)Becleeham Wrote: I've heard that BP moissy can lose its colour with heating, but I've not heard the same about other colour treated moissy. This is what the MCo website says about their coloured gemstones. I'm happy if they have a guarantee against losing colour, that way i could send it back if anything happened to the stone regarding loss of colour.

All color coated moissanite can lose color if high temperature/heat is applied. It has happened to others that bought theirs elsewhere in the past. There is a thread about it here:

http://betterthandiamond.com/discussion/...s/675059/1

You also should not use any acid based cleaning products on them. If you check out C&C's color coated moissanite, there are jewelry care instructions that specify that. C&C's moissanite is enhanced by Serenity, which is also what MoCo carries. You can see what I am referring to on this link:

http://www.moissanite.com/tickled-pink-1...ted-silver

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 10:57 AM,
@MrsK and @ JooJooBee4 - thanks for your posts and info as to how to have coloured moissy set by experienced jeweler. I will most likely have BTD set the Amora ultra and sidestones into my ring and they should not what they are doing. What do you think of BP moissy compared to peachy pink moissy colour wise?

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 11:22 AM,
From my own personal experience, I prefer the BP over the PP. The newer PPs seem warmer and more salmon colored.

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 11:49 AM,
I adore my PP and I am not at all delicate with my ring and I ultrasonic it every week to give a good cleaning.

I also have a friend who has a PP and yellow,..and the yellow is gorgeous!!

My PP

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 12:04 PM,
Sorry, my kids are sick right now, so I am behind in the threads. I have no idea what moco offers for colours now. The peachy pink I used to own looks different from some I have seen. Some one posted one a few months ago and it was not like my old one as far as I could tell. But there are probably still pics of it posted here if you search. The last yellow Schubachs brought in had green in it, so we returned it. All yellows are done by c&c, as are the peachy pinks, so the batch consistency is up to them. Schubachs also guarantees their colour enhanced stones.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website