Considering....need opinions
[-]
  •
03-01-2013, 10:28 PM,
Considering....need opinions
I'm considering swapping out the green tinted moissy in my ring for a Radiance cz. I don't think I want another RB moissy because I am not thrilled with the cut and I don't think an OEC will look good?

Any opinions?

I suspect you might think the moissy looks great in this pic... believe me it doesn't most of the time lol

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/img]

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-01-2013, 10:35 PM,
RE: Considering....need opinions
I have 2 RB Mossi and I love them, one is 8MM and the other is 9MM. I know is a matter of preference. I personally would get an Asha if you are going for a CZ. I have 3 Asha stones and had excellent experience with all of them.

"Don't worry, be happy!"
[-]
  •
03-01-2013, 10:43 PM,
This ring has a pre FB moissy but is "enhanced". It was purchased through MosCo in June 2011 (I didn't buy it).

Beth sent me a FB RB and FB OEC to look at when deciding for my new ring and I still wasn't thrilled with the RB cut.

[-]
  •
03-01-2013, 11:04 PM,
I understand now Blush After seeing the OEC in person, I just love it and can not compare with the RB.

"Don't worry, be happy!"
[-]
  •
03-02-2013, 12:09 AM,
I think you are going to love your new ring a lot, so may not want 2 OECs. Get a radiance...or a coloured stone even. And I would put a 10mm in there. Blush

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-02-2013, 07:37 AM,
That's kinda what I was thinking - I didn't want 2 OECs.

Would a 10 MM fit okay on that mount - the current is a 8.5mm?!? I was considering going larger but thought it would be too large and cover part of the side channel stones and not look right? I have a hard time visualizing what it would look like - but would def. go bigger if I thought it would look okay!

[-]
  •
03-02-2013, 07:48 AM,
Jenn, do you think a cushion cut would work in there? I love cushion cuts!

I really want to do something with it - like soon, because I am not wearing it due to the green stone and I really like the set.

[-]
  •
03-02-2013, 09:23 AM,
Humm, on the MosCo website one of the choices for this mount is cushions and the largest size is 9mm (3.5 carat) so I am assuming that is what they think would be the largest size cushion stone suitable for the mount? Cushions go up to 4.5 carats for the loose stones.

I'm just trying to get an idea of the largest cushion Radiance I could put in there.

[-]
  •
03-02-2013, 11:05 AM,
I could also try getting a moissy cushion cut - but I'm afraid it will be too warm and moody in that cut but I guess I could ask Beth to find me a nice one?

[-]
  •
03-02-2013, 11:08 AM,
haha, the largest possible. Do you have a profile shot of the head? If it is what I think it is, it is a peg head and we would need a new one. It is a relatively cheap fix. If not, we could still likely make it work. We got a 9mm OEC in a 7.5mm hole for MrsK with some finessing. Wink

and yes, to the cushion moiss. I would just get an FB. Smile

But you said you saw tint in the side stones too right?? How much?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website