Cracked Diamond Pointer on Asha
[-]
  •
09-18-2013, 09:03 PM,
Cracked Diamond Pointer on Asha
So like the title says I cracked one of the 2-pointers in my halo and now my ring will be away for ten days getting repaired. This is the first time since getting my ering that I've been away from it and I have to admit that I'm really said about it. Crazy first world problems I know.Cry

Either way I'm still amazed that I cracked a diamond but my asha is scratch free with zero damage. Has anyone had this occur before?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-18-2013, 09:15 PM,
RE: Cracked Diamond Pointer on Asha
Aww that sucks! Do you know how it got cracked?

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
09-18-2013, 09:32 PM,
(09-18-2013, 09:15 PM)MrsK Wrote: Aww that sucks! Do you know how it got cracked?

i have no idea. I noticed it months ago but just got around to submitting the claim.

[-]
  •
09-18-2013, 10:13 PM,
I have never broken a stone, knock wood. But is happens a lot!! With moissy too.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
09-19-2013, 05:05 AM,
It happens! I am sure bc the stone was so little too maybe the melee was just too fragile. It's good that it was only 2 pointers so won't cost you a ton!

[-]
  •
09-19-2013, 10:53 AM,
(09-19-2013, 05:05 AM)JooJooBee4 Wrote: It happens! I am sure bc the stone was so little too maybe the melee was just too fragile. It's good that it was only 2 pointers so won't cost you a ton!

I have insurance so it's costing me nothing but my annual premium that was already paid. They want $215 for it since they have to remove my center stone and reset it after putting in the 2 pointer w/tips. Luckily jewelry mutual was $29 a year and I have a pair of earrings on my policy as well.

[-]
  •
09-19-2013, 12:46 PM,
Oh that is great news!!! Smile The wait to get it back always stinks!!

[-]
  •
09-19-2013, 01:02 PM,
So sorry to hear it happened, great you are getting it sorted. It indeed sucks to be without the ring, but you will love it even more when you get it back- all repaired and with 2 new stones. Absence makes heart grow fonder, as they say.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
09-22-2013, 07:29 AM,
Oh no, I'm sorry! Knock on wood, I haven't cracked any, and I hit my stones all the time, especially my solitaires. I don't know how many times I have hit my diamond on walls.