Crafty Project
[-] The following 3 users Like MoreSparkles!'s post:
  • Lorrissey, Mamacass77, Munster Cat
06-11-2013, 04:01 AM,
Crafty Project
I'm a pretty crafty person, so I think I'm going to buy some loose freshwaters on etsy and try to string them.

I'll post the pearls I bought after I make up my mind. If that ever happens Big Grin

But for the record communicating with sellers from China is tough. They're sweet, but there is obviously a significant language barrier. Example A:

Me: I love this listing, but I have a question about color. Is this a picture of the actual pearls? Do they have purple and blue colors in addition to green?

Thank you!
-------------------------
Seller: With a little light green, Thank you!

Best Regards

-------------------------

So yes, they have other colors with a little green OR they are just green? I guess this will be part of the adventure. This seller doesn't have a single negative rating, so I'll give them a shot.

I'm going to try and make a 36ish strand for my first attempt. If it works out, I'll make mom something :p

I saw the link about how to string pearls/watched a couple of YouTube videos. I'm going to go look for some success stories on the pearl forums, for inspiration Wink

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-11-2013, 06:11 AM,
RE: Crafty Project
That's cool! I can't wait to see what you do.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
06-11-2013, 07:31 AM,
YAY now we can bombard YOU with custom orders - brilliant!!!!

[-]
  •
06-11-2013, 07:37 AM,
Hahahaha, lets see if I can even make something that stays together. To be honest though, etsy doesn't have the same beautiful pearls as someone like Catherine does. I wish they did! But they have a nice selection of potato-y off rounds in white, pink, black. Still fun for small projects Smile

[-]
  •
06-11-2013, 07:59 AM,
yes, I can't wait to see what you do! I like crafts (not to say I'm good at it, but I really enjoy it) and wouldn't mind playing with some cheap pearls to see what comes of it.

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
06-11-2013, 08:20 AM,
Funny re: communications....but also cool that you are going to try your hand at this! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

[-]
  •
06-11-2013, 05:54 PM,
I deal with vendors from China everyday. I sometimes crack up at the translations.