Crazy
[-] The following 1 user Likes HS4S's post:
  • moissypaws
01-30-2014, 03:35 PM,
Crazy
I think I have caught a bug from some of you lovely ladies. My 9.5 MM stone actually feels normal. Not at all big. When I first had my 9mm round brilliant it felt huge. My husband thinks I am nuts Crackup

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-30-2014, 03:39 PM,
RE: Crazy
Ha! I was just thinking about size... My everyday ring is 8mm round, the next one I wear is 9mm cushion & then a honker sapphire on occasion. I wear them all comfortably, but do notice that in my area, ~ 2cts is pretty normal. When I wear my 9mm cushion, people constantly comment on it.

BUT! I'd like to wear a bigger everyday ring... a true ering upgrade... Just not sure how big I'd be comfortable rocking all the time, you know?

What's your ring size, H4S?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Barlan's post:
  • moissypaws
01-30-2014, 04:04 PM,
Want to talk about crazy? I have an older 11mm round unenhanced Moissy which has some color although it's beautiful. I recently had it set into a diamond mounting I have owned forever and I had a totally new head put on to hold the large stone. I wore it out for the first time the other day which was very gloomy and overcast with chance of snow. In my car the stone looked really white with no trace of color! I'm not kidding. I couldn't believe my eyes. My car is the worst place to look at Moissy and this stone looked unbelievable. I said to myself that no one would believe me because I couldn't believe it either. I decided it has to be a figment of my imagination.

[-]
  •
01-30-2014, 04:10 PM,
My first ering was a 1ct/6.5mm moissy with a halo (so from a distance it looked about 2.5ct) and WOW was it flashy for me. Now I worry that 8mm is too small! Tongue

[-]
  •
01-30-2014, 04:18 PM,
I wear a 5.5 :-) The 9.5MM gets comments, but I think more so because of the cut? Idk it's just very lively. The size feels very Normal to me, but I know in my head it's big.

[-]
  •
01-30-2014, 04:31 PM,
@Barlan we need pics!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-30-2014, 05:54 PM,
It's so nice to see I'm not alone in my craziness Crazy it does help that TFL ladies are our own support group! Grouphug

[-] The following 1 user Likes Bling It On's post:
  • Slick
01-31-2014, 06:43 PM,
Oh @Sandeek - I hear ya! My AG is twice the size of the diamond in my original ering and for awhile felt perfectly sized. But now it's shrunk and I could definitely go bigger again! Doh
I'm making sure the coloured gemstone for my anniversary ring is at least 2.5cts