Crazy or reasonable?
[-]
  •
06-02-2013, 01:31 PM,
Crazy or reasonable?
Because I'm not a normal person, I've been plotting my upgrade in 5 years. Don't get me wrong I actually really like my set as is, but I figure once I have kids my fingers will get bigger and a regular 'ole solitaire may not do :p

I've been procrastinating from classwork by browsing settings, making threads here about potential future settings, and generally being a wierd-o. I think I would love an OEC three stone in my future (I have a 8mm OEC solitaire now). I really wanted to wait to do the ungrade when it was time so it would be special and all that. Plus I really don't want to buy more jewelry this year. I've already spent a lot of money and we had some financial craziness this year. BUTTTTTTT if C&C are going to convert all of their rough to D color - I have to make up my mind in the next few months.

Sooooooooooo.

1 Should I be a freak and buy sidestones now to hoard for years?
2. Take the chance to see what's available in 5 years?
3. Just forget it and pick a different setting when I'm ready?

I don't think I would be happy with colored sidestones, I really love me some clear sparkles.... so sticking with the setting and getting rubies/emeralds won't be the same.

Please pick and option and discuss Big Grin

My set now:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Future setting:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-02-2013, 01:35 PM,
RE: Crazy or reasonable?
I love Heart that setting, but with the stones set lower.

"Don't worry, be happy!"
[-]
  •
06-02-2013, 01:45 PM,
Yeah, that's actually the modification I'd like to make! You read my mind :p

So you're saying I should hoard?

[-]
  •
06-02-2013, 01:46 PM,
I really like that setting! I think it will look great, and I agree with Dragonfly probably more low profile since you don't want to be banging your hands around all the time especially with kiddies! Are you going to do the two tone?!

[-]
  •
06-02-2013, 01:52 PM,
Probably just unplated WG like my current setting. I didn't even realize it was two tone at first!

[-] The following 2 users Like poppyseed's post:
  • Dragonfly, MicheleZ
06-02-2013, 01:53 PM,
I don't think C and C will ever make D color moissanite. H/I maybe. I would hold off-- in 5 years your taste can change dramatically. You may want to always have a solitaire and choose a 3 stone ring too. I have a ton of rings, including a moissy OEC 3 stone, but I would NEVER give up my solitaires.

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
06-02-2013, 02:14 PM,
You're totally not a weirdo! But you could switch settings 50+ times in 5 years... so I wouldn't buy anything yet and just keep collecting ideas.

[-]
  •
06-02-2013, 02:15 PM,
Yea I agree with Poppy - hold off - it's too far away to really plan.

[-]
  •
06-02-2013, 02:19 PM,
Yeah, poppy you are very reasonable! On one hand that setting is quite plain- not too trendy. On the other hand what if we end up moving somewhere where a 3 ctw ring is completely out of place and I never wear it?

I guess the answer to crazy or reasonable is ----- crazy :p

[-]
  •
06-02-2013, 02:24 PM,
Not crazy - it's fun to dream, plot and plan lol