Cushion FB Moissanite
[-] The following 1 user Likes Barlan's post:
  • moissypaws
01-06-2014, 09:42 AM,
Cushion FB Moissanite
I am playing with the idea of buying a cushion FB moissy and would like to know what color grading it would be? How does it compare in color, for example, with a FB round or OEC? The size would be about 9mm.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-06-2014, 09:56 AM,
RE: Cushion FB Moissanite
I've heard on this board that cushions and other shapes aren't as white as rounds. But I love cushions! LoveLove

[-]
  •
01-06-2014, 11:54 AM,
Warmer than an rb, prob similar to an OEC. Maybe a grade whiter.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-06-2014, 11:54 AM,
I am not the expert on the different colors....but, I do have 4 cushions now! I have a 10.5 mm barely pink 3 stone ring....and I have a clear 9.5mm cushion ring with a halo of diamonds (fb moissy) and I have fb moissy earrings....in cushions. I am crazy for them. I have an OEC Amora (not gem) 8.5mm stone and it is pretty white most of the time. The OEC can be funny with light changes. My FB cushions are nice and white, there are times, they don't looks "as white" but that is rare and in weird lighting.
I have never seen a round brilliant so I cant say.

[-] The following 2 users Like Barlan's post:
  • moissypaws, sparkletiger
01-06-2014, 12:56 PM,
I have only had RB and don't know if I want a cushion or an OEC. The color is very important to me and that's why I will only buy the FB stones. I'm seriously thinking of buying both to see which, if any, I love. Then I start telling myself I don't need anymore in any cut! Have any of you wrestled with this dilemma? In other words, you want it but you don't! This is crazy.

[-]
  •
01-06-2014, 01:46 PM,
(01-06-2014, 12:56 PM)Barlan Wrote: I have only had RB and don't know if I want a cushion or an OEC. The color is very important to me and that's why I will only buy the FB stones. I'm seriously thinking of buying both to see which, if any, I love. Then I start telling myself I don't need anymore in any cut! Have any of you wrestled with this dilemma? In other words, you want it but you don't! This is crazy.

I think @FutureDrAtkins had a cushion first, then OEC. She loved her cushion dearly, but in the end fell in love more with OEC. I think it depends on personal preference really...
By the way this "wrestling with myself wether to buy or not" is something very familiar to me too...

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 3 users Like EarthDiva's post:
  • moissypaws, Slick, sparkletiger
01-06-2014, 02:37 PM,
(01-06-2014, 12:56 PM)Barlan Wrote: I have only had RB and don't know if I want a cushion or an OEC. The color is very important to me and that's why I will only buy the FB stones. I'm seriously thinking of buying both to see which, if any, I love. Then I start telling myself I don't need anymore in any cut! Have any of you wrestled with this dilemma? In other words, you want it but you don't! This is crazy.

I have, and I think that the only way it is ever resolved for me is to have both the contender stones in hand so I can see a direct comparison. 90% of the time, I will immediately have a preference for one or the other. Occasionally, I will love both and then that leads to trouble, but the OEC and cushion are quite different.

[-] The following 2 users Like FutureDrAtkins's post:
  • Slick, sparkletiger
01-14-2014, 03:34 PM,
(01-06-2014, 01:46 PM)sparkletiger Wrote:

I think @FutureDrAtkins had a cushion first, then OEC. She loved her cushion dearly, but in the end fell in love more with OEC. I think it depends on personal preference really...
By the way this "wrestling with myself wether to buy or not" is something very familiar to me too...

^^Totally right. I love my OEC *so* much more than the cushion I had. They were both FBs. I think it depends if you want glittery sparkle or chunky sparkle. I love pastel and purple colors and when my FI opened my ring box and I saw those big flashes of violet from across the room I knew right then and there my heart belongs to the OEC!!

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either, but I am blown away by my OEC.
Heart