Cushion Sizes
[-]
  •
05-30-2013, 11:39 AM,
Cushion Sizes
Do you think there is a big difference between a 6.5mm and 7mm cushion? I know it's only a half mm difference but when I google pics, the 7mm looks much, much bigger. I know I sound really nutty but I came full circle and am going to do a James Meyer-like bezel in cushion. Hide The cost of the three stone was going to be prohibitive and really, how many OEC rings do I need? Blush So I opted for the cushion because it's different than what I have and I adore the shape. I was concerned about the color but my ebay guy is going to send me a really white one so it should be fine. I feel like such a flake.

My finger size is 5.5 and with it being bezeled, it is 7mm going to be too big? I wanted a more modest ring to wear daily and not feel self-conscious over.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-30-2013, 11:41 AM,
RE: Cushion Sizes
If it gives you an idea, my cushion alexandrite is a 9mm, and my finger is a 4.5. That's without a bezel. I think it's pretty huge, and if you're doing a JM-style setting, you want to be sure there's enough room on the sides for the pretty details to show.

If you're using the ebay dude a lot of us used, he has a great return policy so you can always exchange or return the stone if you're not happy with the size.

[-]
  •
05-30-2013, 12:56 PM,
I would go with 7MM.

"Don't worry, be happy!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Dragonfly
05-30-2013, 01:20 PM,
I would go with 7mm. It is not huge, but gives you a little extra omph.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-30-2013, 01:59 PM,
7mm + bezel will be perfect I think!!!

[-]
  •
05-30-2013, 02:04 PM,
Since its only .5, you may as well go up IMO. Shrinkage is a bitch! Hee hee. I totally know what you mean about it 'looking' Seoul much bigger than .5 though. Still, I'd do the 7mm. Wink

[-]
  •
05-30-2013, 07:10 PM,
I currently have the 6.5mm and just ordered the 7mm last night. I can't wait I see it in person!!! I'm so thrilled to finally start a project!!! Unless the color is more warm, I think I'll use the 7mm!

Thanks for the input!

[-]
  •
05-30-2013, 07:59 PM,
I vote for 7!!

[-]
  •
05-31-2013, 04:59 AM,
I vote 7MM, it's a great size

[-]
  •
05-31-2013, 03:18 PM,
I agree, my halo is 7mm + halo it looks much bigger imo. I think the bezel will do the same.