Darn, Darn, Darn!!
[-]
  •
09-24-2014, 06:16 AM,
Darn, Darn, Darn!!
I have been waiting what seems like forever for BTD to restock AG between the 6.7 - 6.9mm mark and they just did, 5 of them but they are ALL D-IF! I don't want a D color. I wanted another F or G. Grrrr!!!! So I have a Vatche 113 that I have been waiting for a 6.9mmish stone to put into it. Should I just get one of the D color AG's or should I get a moissy as a placeholder until I find the perfect stone so I can at least wear the ring? Ugh!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-24-2014, 06:19 AM,
RE: Darn, Darn, Darn!!
@Brit - oh thats crap!! I feel for you, i know how much it sucks to wait and wait and wait and then have your hopes crushed. Personally I would wait for an or G colour AG. I had the Amora gem in an E and it was too icy white. My G coloured cushion was much much nicer.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you - hoping the right AG makes itself available in the next few weeks.

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
09-24-2014, 06:25 AM,
I know you are right! I am sure I would get it and hate the fact that it is too white. It is what has kept me from just sticking a D colored Asha or CZ that I already have in there.

[-]
  •
09-24-2014, 06:29 AM,
Can you get a Wink CZ in imperial white or chinese white that is a bit warmer to put in there? I love the Vatche U-113 and that baby needs to be worn!

[-]
  •
09-24-2014, 06:53 AM,
@Bling It On I am so hard on stones I would much rather get a moissy. Then part of me just thinks I should shut the whole ring thing down for a while and take a break. I seem to be getting so frustrated these days and that tends to makes me leak too much money.

[-]
  •
09-24-2014, 11:24 AM,
Sorry Brit that stinks. Could you have someone look through the new moissy rough and see if they could find something in a color you could handle? Do you have any moissy currently? Sorry I've been away from the boards a while and can't remember everyone's collection. Moissy is really gorgeous and having some sparkle on your hand could alleviate stress. However, resetting rings can be stressful on the setting so if you are sure that it must be higher color than moissy can do, you may want to wait.

Edit....derp of course you have moissy. Um, should have looked at your thread history. If it were me I'd be tempted to go moissy, because I don't know when Less will make that color and it would be constant disappointment that I don't so well with. It makes sense he is focusing on D because high color is the main sell for the AG.

[-]
  •
09-24-2014, 01:44 PM,
I'm sorry for your dilemma. I, too, refuse to wait on tenterhooks waiting for what i want to be produced.
I'm of two minds about your setting. I would hate to have stones toung in and out of that setting, but I also would just abhor having that beautiful ring sitting empty.
I would probably throw a moissy in there with nice thick ball type prongs to leave lots of metal for refining when the AG becaomes available to set.
Good Luck!

[-]
  •
09-24-2014, 02:15 PM,
I would stick a moissy in. Absolutely.

[-]
  •
09-24-2014, 04:15 PM,
What about an H&A FB moissy at 6.5mm? @MrsK has one (bigger than 6.5mm though) and it's the bomb! Hers is the best cut one I've seen and the colour looks great too.

[-]
  •
09-24-2014, 04:57 PM,
I would use a moissanite for sure! It is definitely worth checking out the H&A moissy, if it'll fit.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.