David Klass question
[-]
  •
02-07-2015, 07:22 PM,
David Klass question
Hello ladies,

Been a while since I've posted but I do still lurk from time to time.

I have noticed a crack in one of my ering prongs Sad I noticed when I was checking it through my loupe. Also, three of the prongs don't seem to be covering much of the diamond. I did see this when I first got the ring but I didn't think it was worrying as the stone seemed to be set firmly.

I'm going to send my ring back to DK for repair. I was wondering if anyone knows if DK has different levels of benches that he uses? Does he have a 'best' one that I can ask for? I am going to ask him to replace all the prongs. I live in the UK and don't want to keep having to send my ring back for small jobs. I would rather have it done properly now and have my local jeweller to keep an eye on the setting every 6 months or so.

Thanks!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-07-2015, 07:34 PM,
RE: David Klass question
I don't know... but I think it may be cheaper to have it repaired locally that deal eith int'l shipping, shipping insurance, and duties when it re-enters the UK.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-07-2015, 07:58 PM,
I won't have to pay duties again if it's going back for repair. There aren't many good jewellers where I live and they are expensive. I don't mind sending it back. I wonder if anyone has had great prongs on their DK ring...

[-]
  •
02-07-2015, 08:31 PM,
I am not sure why, but I always get nailed with duties again. It is hard to prove here, and a headache to get the moneu back. I am glad it is easier there. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
02-07-2015, 09:01 PM,
I had wonderful prongs on my hw replica by DK. I wish you luck!

[-]
  •
02-08-2015, 02:41 PM,
Have you talked about to Dk about it? I smashed up one of my prongs on my garage wall and he fixed it for free. Other than that incident, all of my rings have been perfect. I know he has sent out shipping labels to folks in the US, but I don't know if he could for international. Doesn't hurt to ask.

[-]
  •
02-14-2015, 10:02 AM,
I decided to take Jen's advice and find a jeweller here to fix the prongs. I will have to send it to London but I don't mind that. It will cost me £200 (approx $300) but thats still a lot less than paying duties if the paperwork wasn't done properly.

On another note, I have sent my engraved wedding band back to DK and am having him make me a slightly curved band to fit around my engagement ring. The straight band didn't sit so well.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
02-14-2015, 10:38 AM,
That will be nice!! I think it may be comfier with a curved band, since your ring is pretty substantial.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
02-14-2015, 10:43 AM,
Definitely! I have had trouble wearing them together. I am looking forward to getting this new band. Its always nice to have a project on the go Big Grin

[-]
  •
02-14-2015, 10:43 AM,
^^ that too. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers