Day three and my Edisons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluespawkles's post:
  • MicheleZ
03-06-2014, 09:03 AM,
Wink  Day three and my Edisons
Hope it's okay to post his blog link here, but Kevin spent part of day three looking for special Edisons for me and the pics of the process are gorgeous. After seeing that display model I had to have a deep purple....and I'm really grateful he found one for me since they did NOT want to sell that display for anything. Now, what to do with my purple and white babies? Even thinking about drilling that purple one pains me. I'm wondering if I should just keep it in a bag round my neck and pull it out occasionally to go "my precioussssssss" and creep everyone out while I drool over it.
They are 12-13mm.
http://www.pearlsofjoy.com/March-2014-Ho..._b_53.html

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes MicheleZ's post:
  • Bluespawkles
03-06-2014, 10:01 AM,
RE: Day three and my Edisons
Those pearls are unbelievable!

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-] The following 1 user Likes Enkay's post:
  • Bluespawkles
03-06-2014, 10:13 AM,
Lol you crack me up...lucky lady! Those r gorgeous! I'm anxiously waiting to hear back about some blue akoyas Big Grin I missed out last trip they went so fast!!

[-]
  •
03-06-2014, 10:26 AM,
Yay well it's a great time to get blue akoyas as Kevin snapped up some really gorgeous ones. I think my husband is picking out a strand for me. Blue akoyas were what I was originally hoping for before I caught purple Edison fever! I still don't know what to do with my purple pearl though.

[-]
  •
03-06-2014, 10:37 AM,
It's such a pretty pearl. Personally I'd let her shine solo on a gold rope or pendant but I agree drilling her makes me cringe.

Hope you get some blue akoyas too!!

[-]
  •
03-06-2014, 10:39 AM,
Those are the most amazing pearls I think I have ever seen... Heart Seriously phenomenal.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-06-2014, 10:47 AM,
Shotgun on the white! I knew purple was yours but not the white. clearly I can't read lol

Can't wait to see what you do with them Smile

[-]
  •
03-06-2014, 12:07 PM,
@Bluespawkles. 1) You crack me up and 2) You are a lucky lady!

[-]
  •
03-06-2014, 01:36 PM,
@MicheleZ Thanks so much!
@Enkay I know, right? Especially since I've seen bad things happened when Edisons are drilled. The company is very secretive and I'm not sure what they use for nukes. It seems such a risk to take with such a beautiful little freak of nature that Kevin put so much work into acquiring. Shotgun noted. I had Keven pick two and thought I was going to have to choose between them when I heard the price, but when I saw them, of course it was over. But the price is...well...higher than I had originally thought for a single pearl. I'm still totally happy with them, though.
@jenncent Thanks, I think they are neat too. I love getting fun and unique things to play with. I think this purple pearl is my favorite ever. I don't get how they happen naturally that color, but they aren't dyed from what I know. Hopefully as science gets better full strands of the color will be available!
@ EarthDiva I am indeed lucky, and I also crack myself up. Then again, it's easy to be in a good mood with beauties coming in the mail.

Seriously, I didn't know if he'd be able to find anything like that deep purple display pearl, and I definitely wasn't going to pay $15,000 for it. EEEK! So I'm just really grateful that Kevin seems to enjoy the thrill of the hunt and took the time to do this for me after I became obsessed with that purple pearl I couldn't have.

Also, both Jeremy and Kevin noted that there were lots of ladies waiting for blue akoyas, so I hope there are lots of pics soon when they start shipping after the vendors get back and settled.

[-]
  •
03-06-2014, 01:37 PM,
Oooooh! Beautiful! Yeah, drilling seems like it would "hurt" this lovely. Tongue @Bluespawkles What about a delicate, swirly "cage" of some sort, so that you don't have to drill it just yet, and maybe never? Maybe with a weensy bit of sparklie on it?! You could twirl it about and look at the different angles... Kind of like a worry stone. Mmm. A worry pearl. Smile