Dead knot?!
[-]
  •
12-19-2013, 12:35 PM,
Question  Dead knot?!
I was reading online about double-knotting and came across an *ancient* post on Pearl-guide which referenced "dead knot" style of knotting pearls. Someone asked what this style is, but there wasn't an answer and this was years ago... Looked all over the interweb, to no avail. Huh

Any of the resident experts here know what "dead knot" stringing is?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-19-2013, 10:01 PM,
RE: Dead knot?!
Thats a new one ... haven't heard of it either .. should ask over there as well as they have so many pro's .. bump the thread Smile

[-]
  •
12-19-2013, 10:10 PM,
(12-19-2013, 10:01 PM)katbran Wrote: Thats a new one ... haven't heard of it either .. should ask over there as well as they have so many pro's .. bump the thread Smile

That would necessitate my joining yet another forum... Tongue Well, perhaps, when curiosity finally gets the best of me, I'll do that. And bump the thread if I can find it again. Smile

[-]
  •
12-20-2013, 04:36 AM,
I haven't heard that term before either. Since most double knot, the other technique must have not been popular or preferred.

[-]
  •
12-20-2013, 09:08 AM,
Maybe it's just another name for a technique or knot? Shy Well, after the busy holiday time is done, I'll ask at P-G.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Pearlescence.co.uk's post:
  • Cathybear
12-20-2013, 12:33 PM,
(12-20-2013, 09:08 AM)CricketBug Wrote: Maybe it's just another name for a technique or knot? Shy Well, after the busy holiday time is done, I'll ask at P-G.
I've never heard it...I suspect it is someone's own name for something. Personally, if there is a tangle and a knot, I could glower at it until it's dead, but I don't think that is what it means

[-]
  •
12-20-2013, 02:06 PM,
LOL!!! Crackup I suspect you're right. Big Grin

It was in a post where the site owner mentioned that they use dead knots. But this was from 2006-ish, which is light years ago, now, in technology. People were still using tweezers to tighten the knots, etc. Big Grin

[-]
  •
12-20-2013, 03:43 PM,
I think there are as many different ways to knot pearls as I have had the proverbial hot dinners.

[-]
  •
12-21-2013, 08:02 PM,
The only reference that I can find is for a 'death knot' which is a way to join two strands together end to end ... to link them up. And there are lots of people who still use tweezers for knotting.. I use a fine metal awl to catch the knot. Smile

[-]
  •
12-26-2013, 09:07 PM,
Photo sharing like photobucket, you can paste the image code here. Or, if you can right click, copy the image code url, click the mountain icon on the full screen reply mode, paste the code in the box, and then submit. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website