Decisions, Decisions......
[-]
  •
11-08-2015, 08:25 PM,
Decisions, Decisions......
Hello all!  I don't post much at all, but I am always on looking at everyone's gorgeous pieces!  I stop here at least once a day.   Wink

So.....I have a dilemma.  On a whim, I bought a Bella halo from Moissaniteco last weekend - it was on sale with a "forever classic" 1.5 ct center.  I couldn't resist and I've always had this ring on my bucket list.  I received it a few days ago and it was love at first sight!  

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

But, I am a sparkle glutton and after wearing it for a few days, I'm not 100% happy with the look of the moissanite side stones and the unenhanced center stone.  It is gorgeous and made quite well, don't get me wrong, but it's not quite me.......yet.  So, my intention is to sell it (my love at first sight drove me to cut off the white tag.....grrrrrr!  Will be listing on the Bistro shortly), and purchase the same ring with the "forever one" 1.5 ct. center, which comes with diamond side stones - hence the sparkle glutton.  

My dilemma is the classic question......ROSE gold or WHITE gold?!?!?!?!  I love, love, love rose gold, and I think it looks great with my skin tone.  But I love white gold, too.  But I always get white gold and I'm kind of bored with it and want something a little different - but it will be quite an investment and what if I get tired of the rose gold and hate it after a while?  White gold goes with everything.....ugh.  So many questions.  I know I can request a mix, which I've pondered - rose gold basket/head with white gold shank, which is beautiful - but I'm not sure how the process works with them - I've sent a couple of emails about a different issue and no one ever responds, so I'm kind of turned off of the idea of going through their "custom" process.  Anyone have any experience here?

So I guess all of my rambling is to ask your help in making a choice - did you ever consider rose gold over white gold?  What made you decide one way or the other?  Do you regret your choice?  This is for a right hand ring, so it won't be the last piece I ever buy for this finger, for sure (sparkle glutton!), but it will be an investment that I want to be happy with long-term. 

Thanks for any help, ladies!  I hope everyone has had a great weekend!  Boooooo Mondays!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-08-2015, 09:13 PM,
RE: Decisions, Decisions......
I love rose gold-but it's a newer love for me.  It's delicious, isn't it?

I prefer yellow and rose to white gold, so of your two options I would tend to lean toward rose.  HOWEVER, I have read that not everyone feels that rose gold goes well with moissanite.  A few here have had that issue.  I have only seen 2 moissanites in rose gold in person, and they were lovely-so take that with a grain of salt.

I would think that between going with Forever One, and a diamond halo, you would mitigate any potential problem...so my vote is rose!

How exciting to be in the creation process!

[-]
  •
11-08-2015, 09:54 PM,
I loved my moissianite in rose gold. It was gorgeous. I vote for rose. It is just such a flattering color on the skin.

[-]
  •
11-08-2015, 10:04 PM,
Oh yes, rose gold is scrumptious!  I adore it!  I had my first ever moissanite (unenhanced 6.5mm OEC) set in a cute little rose gold Stuller setting and it looked fabulous most of the time - however, in some lights, it looked like a lemon drop and it drove me nuts.  I've read great things about the forever one and have seen some really nice pics and vids, so I'm confident that it will be amazing in rose gold - no worries there!   I just can't commit to a gold color.  Confused

[-]
  •
11-08-2015, 11:26 PM,
I think rose gold with the F1 will be a great combo. Looking forward to seeing it.

[-]
  •
11-08-2015, 11:47 PM,
Rose!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-] The following 1 user Likes mimimarie's post:
  • GemmaBella
11-09-2015, 01:55 AM,
Ok, ok. Rose it is.....and it's ordered! Now the agonizing wait (8-9 business days to ship, boooooo!). I convinced myself to just go with rose because I figure if I need a break from it, I can just start a little collection of Pandora rings. You see what I did there? Gave myself an excuse to buy more Pandora AND a rose gold ring. Ooh, and I guess I'll also have to start a bracelet from their rose collection Wink

I am going to wait to list my white gold bella until I get the rose gold in - I am really interested in doing a comparison between the two stones - unenhanced versus F1 - and also the moissy side stones with diamond side stones.

Thanks for the feedback, ladies!!!

[-]
  •
11-09-2015, 06:18 AM,
I was going to vote for rose gold, but you've already ordered. I can't wait to see!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
11-09-2015, 09:34 AM,
ohhhh Please post pics of the 2 rings when you get the rose gold one. I'm really curious to see the unenhanced vs. F1 stone! Also, the bella has ALWAYS been on my bling bucket list as well, so I understand the impulse to get it on sale! So excited to see it!

[-]
  •
11-09-2015, 01:26 PM,
I would love to see the comparison pics! I bet the rose gold is going to look fantastic. That would've been my pick. Great choice and can't wait to see it when you get it!! Whooo hoo! Smile