Poll: Which would you do?
Keep OMC in dome ring & add accent stones & engraving
Put the OMC in the Ginger setting & repurpose dome ring for a CS
Something else ... Please elaborate ...
[Show Results]

Decisions ... Decisions ... HELP PLEASE!
[-]
  •
07-30-2014, 07:27 PM,
Decisions ... Decisions ... HELP PLEASE!
So the canary Flanders won't fit in my first Ginger mount. Cry

But it will hold a 7mm round, which my new OMC is (that is in the dome ring). While this stone is gorgeous as is (and would be equally gorgeous in the dome ring if it were engraved and more old cut bling added), Grace originally suggested that it would probably look even better in a more open style setting. I originally didn't think I would keep the OMC in the dome ring, and would remove it and reset it in something else. But I do like the idea of a blingy dome style ring. But that could also be a colored stone vs the OMC.

I really don't think the Ginger setting is "appropriate" (for lack of a better word) in style for a colored stone (besides yellow). Not sure why. It really is ideal to showcase a fabulous diamond, which the OMC is, or similar.

So what do you think ... Reset the OMC into the Ginger setting with a satin finish, and reset a colored stone in the dome down the road and engrave it as planned, or keep the OMC in the dome ring and proceed with adding smaller diamonds & engraving, or something else?

For quick reference ...

The current ginger ring w/ 6.35 x 7 mm champagne OMC:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

And the new M color, 7mm round OMC:

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
07-30-2014, 08:09 PM,
RE: Decisions ... Decisions ... HELP PLEASE!
I really was enjoying your ideas and designs for the dome ring (engraving, etc..)
If it were me, I would keep OMC in that and reset ginger in something different. I have no answer for the setting that ginger was in, sorry. Popcorn

[-]
  •
07-30-2014, 08:16 PM,
(07-30-2014, 08:09 PM)Slick Wrote: I really was enjoying your ideas and designs for the dome ring (engraving, etc..)
If it were me, I would keep OMC in that and reset ginger in something different. I have no answer for the setting that ginger was in, sorry. Popcorn

Thanks Slick. To clarify, Ginger (herself) is being reset into the new semi-bezel setting with champagne melee.

I really like the dome idea also with the OMC staying in it. I do wish the OMC had a little more prominence in the ring so it stood out more. That's my only fear with the plans ... that they may overshadow the OMC to some extent, or it might look smaller in the sea of bling, which is why I thought a CS might work better dome style. Confused

Here is an example of kinda what a CS might look like, depending on what CS I go with. It was Braga's platinum mount on PS that she set with a sapphire. It is so gorgeous! Drool

And here is a similar comparison with all white stones:

[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 06:46 AM,
Ahhh...I didn't realize you are removing the the stone for Ginger. I do think ginger will really pop in that white setting. Sorry I misunderstood. The dome ring is semi-bezel? I couldn't tell. Maybe some tech savvy tfler can photoshop ginger in there for you. Wink

[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 07:05 AM,
The semi-bezel, for 'ginger' (champagne diamond), is a different setting she's working on. The dome setting came with the 7mm OMC. Wink

@SparkleFactor - I think that I would probably use the 7mm OMC in the ginger setting. I think it would stand out a bit more. I liked the CS option best of the two pix you posted, for the dome ring. Can't wait to see what you decide!

[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 07:23 AM,
@Slick ... @PimpMyRing is correct (and how she kept all this straight should merit an award! LOL).

I think the reason I lean toward a CS for the dome ring center is because I think back to the JbEG platinum mount, and how I wasn't super keen on the "wall of white" and lack of definition among the stones. With the new OMC in the Ginger setting, there is more definition in the design to separate the white stones and allow the center to stand out more, once it has the satin finish, of course..

Still thinking it through though ... Undecided

[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 08:47 AM,
I voted for the 1st option as I like the last look you posted. But you don't seem keen on that look though.