Diamond (or similar) stud earrings
[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 04:48 AM,
Diamond (or similar) stud earrings
Hi! I have never owned a pair of diamond studs and would like to! I don't want to go too small but right now, cannot afford too big. Any input, photos, advice is welcome. Thanks!!

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 05:38 AM,
RE: Diamond (or similar) stud earrings
Would you wear moissanite studs? They would be much more affordable. In your ears, you won't be able to tell the difference.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 05:54 AM,
I know, I really need to get on that Moissanite train soon. Sheesh. It's a mental block- like when my friends say something, I don't want to say no they aren't diamonds .

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 08:00 AM,
There was just a really lovely and inexpensive pair on the bistro. For $135 you could try them out and see how you felt about it. They can always be your placeholders while your diamonds were being found. Wink That way if they ask you can be honest about it and say you are still looking for the right diamonds to make the earrings you want and these are just fun ones until it's done.

If everyone just squeals about how perfectly lovely they are, perhaps you never have to drop the cash on diamonds. If you want to though, you haven't really lost a lot of money on trialing a pair of 6 mm Moissanite.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Sparkly Blonde's post:
  • ArtdecoLover71
10-02-2014, 10:14 AM,
Sending you a PM Smile

[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 10:44 AM,
(10-02-2014, 08:00 AM)stardust Wrote: There was just a really lovely and inexpensive pair on the bistro. For $135 you could try them out and see how you felt about it. They can always be your placeholders while your diamonds were being found. Wink That way if they ask you can be honest about it and say you are still looking for the right diamonds to make the earrings you want and these are just fun ones until it's done.

If everyone just squeals about how perfectly lovely they are, perhaps you never have to drop the cash on diamonds. If you want to though, you haven't really lost a lot of money on trialing a pair of 6 mm Moissanite.

oops! They're winkcz's. They are also gorgeous. I've had them in rings and earrings. Plus, you could always re-use the settings!

http://diamondbistro.com/index.php?a=2&b=39936

[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 11:16 AM,
(10-02-2014, 08:00 AM)stardust Wrote: There was just a really lovely and inexpensive pair on the bistro. For $135 you could try them out and see how you felt about it. They can always be your placeholders while your diamonds were being found. Wink That way if they ask you can be honest about it and say you are still looking for the right diamonds to make the earrings you want and these are just fun ones until it's done.

Yeahthat

I agree wholeheartedly! Especially if you're not sure what your perfect size would be for diamond studs. Moissy would be a great way to test-drive the look... if you still had the desire to go for diamonds afterwards. Earrings were my gateway drug for moissanite jewelry, lol.

[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 01:05 PM,
thanks guys!!

[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 01:10 PM,
(10-02-2014, 05:54 AM)ArtdecoLover71 Wrote: I know, I really need to get on that Moissanite train soon. Sheesh. It's a mental block- like when my friends say something, I don't want to say no they aren't diamonds .

I get that feeling, especially with rings. But for earrings I care a lot less because most people wear cz anyway. BUT, the instances where you would have to say "no, they aren't diamond" are few and far between I would say. Unless you are wearing 4ctw studs or something. IF people even notice, I can 99.9% guarantee you that they will not ask you of they are diamonds. They will just say "nice earrings" to which I would reply "thanks". LOL No one even asks me about my 3ctw moissy studs. They just assume they are real since I have a larger diamond in my ering asnd they know I like jewelry.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 01:12 PM,
See that's the thing, everyone knows I am a diamond girl so I'm pretty sure no one would ever ask ! Lol