Didi is HERE!!! at long lasttttt
[-] The following 4 users Like mewt's post:
  • Bethany, Lorrissey, moissypaws, Rabbitfeet
01-06-2014, 01:11 AM,
Didi is HERE!!! at long lasttttt
I even drew a picture of her "character" while I waited...
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
obsessed, a little!!!
I'm calling her "Sweet Didi" because she sure took her SWEET TIME to get here. but so worth it! 3 months of back and forth and examining wax models with mini rulers.

original pic:

and Didi IN THE FLESH! (metal?)

sorry only cellphone pics which do her NO JUSTICE but I'm too excited to wait (plus my camera is conveniently broken, sobb). you may notice she was supposed to be pink and is kind of... not pink? that threw me when I first saw her. something must've happened in the setting process, because she is SUPER DUPER pale pink. to the point where I'm wondering if the pinkness is just a reflection from the rose gold!

I was worried this would happen, even though I wrote specific care instructions. but you know what? I find that I actually care 0%. she is beautiful even white, and now I don't need to worry about sonic cleaning or scrubbing her with toothbrushes haha. I am in LOVEEEE!

oh also, FIL brought up that since we now have a perfect wax mold, if I want I should try selling some copies online. would anyone be interested in this delicate cartier repro? it is actually not the same, I changed the proportions slightly so that the center stone is the widest part, instead of the side stones.

see, while cartier's shape is more of a boxy bow, mine's a curved oval.

anyway I will be taking more photos/vids, just wanted to share asap! :'D soooo happy!

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes sparkletiger's post:
  • mewt
01-06-2014, 01:35 AM,
RE: Didi is HERE!!! at long lasttttt
@mewt OMG!!! She is here at long last!!! Stars
She looks amazing, I Looove that ring , so perfect on your hand and amazing finger coverage!!!
Didi is gorgeous!! LoveLove Looking forward to more pics!!!

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • mewt
01-06-2014, 01:54 AM,
Sweet Didi indeed!

Looks fabulous to me, even though the stone is less pink than you had anticipated.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
01-06-2014, 02:22 AM,
I fixed my camera! the lens connection part was dusty, apparently. too bad the sun's gone away, so she's not as blinding as earlier today, but pics regardless:

I can't see any hint of pink, tbh, or any hint of any color whatsoever. she is really really white. I can roll with that. Tongue honestly I didn't think I dared rock a colorless 1ct stone, but I like it. a lot! LoveLove

actually, my worst fear was that the pink treatment was covering up an otherwise ugly color (like snot-green), so I'm really relieved to see even minus the coating she's a beautiful OEC.

[-]
  •
01-06-2014, 03:25 AM,
@mewt I do see pale pink in some pictures . In others it looks white, but yeah... no funky colours at all - fantastic!! Banana She does have a yummy chunky cut ..LoveLove

Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
01-06-2014, 03:46 AM,
@sparkletiger maybe you're right... I need to look at her under more lighting conditions. I thought any pink was just reflected RG, or me going crazy. hahaha~ she's definitely a lot paler than when I sent her in, lol! she really puts my RB to shame though. the difference in sparkle is huge. maybe I got a dud RB? who knows... or maybe I need to clean my RB, more likely!

[-]
  •
01-06-2014, 03:58 AM,
@mewt I looked again and it definitely looks metallicky pink in most pics , although pale pink. I mean they are called "Barely pink" so not supposed to be too pink anyways. I like that subtlety tbh.. So would you say she has more fire than your RB?

Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
01-06-2014, 03:59 AM,
Stunning ring, and you have such gorgeous hands. She's def worth the wait.

[-]
  •
01-06-2014, 04:07 AM,
@JuBe thankyouu! ^__^ I was looking forward to a yummy pink ring, but I'll live... Crackup
@sparkletiger ; this is how it looked like before setting:

you could definitely see the pink, and now she's (almost?) the same color as the RB! this is obviously not a fair pic since the camera's focusing on the OEC, but yeah, I do think she's got more fire. I'll clean both thoroughly and take a video another day!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Bling It On's post:
  • mewt
01-06-2014, 04:36 AM,
@mewt - oh my goodness woman! Didi is astonishing. Absolutely astonishing! Love the chunky facets of the BP and I think Didi looks really good paired with that chunky rose gold band you are wearing with it in the first lot of photos. So jealous!