Dk Gray Diamond Ring
[-] The following 1 user Likes SparkleFactor's post:
  • Odyssey
08-21-2014, 04:45 PM,
Dk Gray Diamond Ring
My inner dark side has been craving something edgy/classy, so what better way than with a black diamond? But I didn't want to go all black ... Rather, something that had a dark cast to it, some interest, something DIFFERENT. I came across this dark gray (heavily included, essentially) rose cut cushion shaped diamond. It's a little over 2 cts, and measures 7.5 x 6.5 x 4.4 mm. PERFECT! I want to have a fun, casual, "little black ring" since I am really not a "little black dress" kinda gal. LOL

Photos from seller (onegarnetgirl on etsy)
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Here is a style I kinda like:

I have these small 3mm rose cut diamonds I picked up from @ArtdecoLover71 that could work.

Or I could use those small 2.7mm OMCs, or a pair of white trilliant sapphires I have on hand.

Lots of options, no definitive plans just yet ... Open to ideas or inspiration pics if you have or come across any. I don't want it to be too big or super blingy ... Just a fun little black ring. Smile

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-21-2014, 04:49 PM,
RE: Dk Gray Diamond Ring
Love the inspiration ring as well as your stone with the 6 rose cuts together. Sexy!

[-]
  •
08-21-2014, 04:52 PM,
Oh my gosh, LOVE the way you have it laid out!! fabulous!!

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
[-]
  •
08-21-2014, 05:19 PM,
wow! this will be so one of a kind and special!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-21-2014, 06:21 PM,
Very alluring color that stone is...kind of pulls your eyes right into it's depths. I like it with the rose cuts! Oh and how about maybe *blackened* white gold setting?

[-]
  •
08-21-2014, 07:30 PM,
Thank you @EarthDiva @ArtdecoLover71 & @jenncent ... I thought it would be something fun and different.

@Slick Do you have a pic of what you're talking about re: blackened white gold?

[-]
  •
08-21-2014, 07:34 PM,
Ahh I love this project! I love how you have the small rose cuts laid out beside, I think that would look amazing. I was going to suggest doing it in oxidized platinum for that dark and romantic look, but.... what about rose gold?

[-]
  •
08-21-2014, 07:44 PM,
@SparkleFactor I don't have a photo, though I will look. Perhaps @EarthDiva can chime in as I believe she used it for a blue cushion cut stunner last winter? A blackened white gold? I'll go look for her thread.

ETA ED's thread with her sapphire and trillion cut ring. http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-Sap...one?page=3

[-]
  •
08-21-2014, 08:20 PM,
(08-21-2014, 07:44 PM)Slick Wrote: @SparkleFactor I don't have a photo, though I will look. Perhaps @EarthDiva can chime in as I believe she used it for a blue cushion cut stunner last winter? A blackened white gold? I'll go look for her thread.

ETA ED's thread with her sapphire and trillion cut ring. http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-Sap...one?page=3

Thanks for linking that. It's a super lovely ring, but I am not seeing what is meant by the blackened white gold. Huh hopefully @EarthDiva pops by with some visual assistance. Smile

[-]
  •
08-21-2014, 09:13 PM,
Here is a pic of a ring in black gold...

http://engagementringsforwomens.com/wp-c...ring_3.jpg