Do You Have a Local Jeweler You Trust?
[-]
  •
01-12-2015, 09:50 AM,
Do You Have a Local Jeweler You Trust?
I am really curious how many sparkle sisters actually have local jewelers that you trust for repairs, etc...?

Lord help me, but I am thinking about giving a couple other jewelers a chance here locally. Shipping with insurance on top of the normal fees are just killing me. I feel like I know a lot more than I did a over a year ago when, I first went searching and feel a whole lot more comfortable calling out BS if I need to as well. Wish me luck!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-12-2015, 10:40 AM,
RE: Do You Have a Local Jeweler You Trust?
(01-12-2015, 09:50 AM)Brit Wrote: I am really curious how many sparkle sisters actually have local jewelers that you trust for repairs, etc...?

Lord help me, but I am thinking about giving a couple other jewelers a chance here locally. Shipping with insurance on top of the normal fees are just killing me. I feel like I know a lot more than I did a over a year ago when, I first went searching and feel a whole lot more comfortable calling out BS if I need to as well. Wish me luck!

My experience here in the suburbs where I live, I have a jeweler who will size while I wait for a song and a dance. Banana but that's where our relationship ends.
For better quality settings, the jeweler I could and have used is much more expensive than our online vendors. I know JJB has an awesome jeweler and I'm pretty sure Sparklefactor too. It's hard to find local competent jewelers for the OCD, detailed-oriented people that we are. Confused
Good luck though with your search though. It would be awesome to find one!

[-]
  •
01-12-2015, 12:01 PM,
I used to, but he closed up shop and retired down south. Now I have NOTHING. Cry

[-]
  •
01-12-2015, 12:37 PM,
(01-12-2015, 12:01 PM)stardust Wrote: I used to, but he closed up shop and retired down south. Now I have NOTHING. Cry

Star, did you ever try Jewelry Designs in the town between us?

[-]
  •
01-12-2015, 01:15 PM,
I kinda do. I have someone I trust to look at my rings, lol. And maybe tighten prongs, but if I was swapping a stone or doing some sort of repair I would ship it.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-12-2015, 01:45 PM,
No. I wish.
This is why I love bezels.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
01-12-2015, 02:39 PM,
(01-12-2015, 12:37 PM)Slick Wrote:
(01-12-2015, 12:01 PM)stardust Wrote: I used to, but he closed up shop and retired down south. Now I have NOTHING. Cry

Which town between us?

[-]
  •
01-12-2015, 02:57 PM,
(01-12-2015, 02:39 PM)stardust Wrote:
(01-12-2015, 12:37 PM)Slick Wrote:

Which town between us?

Danb__y...lol?

[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • Slick
01-12-2015, 03:29 PM,
Huh. I have not. I don't love to travel though and for me that would be more annoying that sending it out. Hide

I forgot we were semi-close together!

[-]
  •
01-12-2015, 05:14 PM,
I have my local guy whom I go to for things like sizings, resets, inspection of prongs, some stock settings, etc. I won't, however, use him for custom work. The reason primarily being he does not do his own CAD work. And the person/company they do use for CAD work left a very poor taste in my mouth last year. I have actually had a way far better experience working with Amcor & DK on custom work - neither of whom I have ever met in person - than I did the "local guy". Undecided