Do bezels do it better?
[-]
  •
03-06-2013, 04:11 PM,
Do bezels do it better?
Maybe I'm just emotional and missing my husband orrrrr maybe I just really love my e-ring and want to wear it ALL THE TIME, but I'm sad when I have to take my ring off to sleep. I don't know if that's weird or not. But my setting is pretty delicate and I figure it's better not to wear it to bed so that it isn't in danger of snagging on random blanket threads while sleeping. My problem is I don't want to take it off!! I want to wear it to bed. My question goes out to all the ladies who wear a bezel e-ring...Do you wear your e-ring to sleep? Are bezels just better because of the lack of prongs to snag on things?

My grandmother has a prong set platinum e-ring and wears it constantly. Of course her ring is filthy and has like biscuit dough stuck in it, which makes her diamond look terrible but she doesn't really care, she wears her ring ALL THE TIME and never takes it off. Is it weird that I want to do the same thing? Or does everyone just take their rings off before bed? Just curious....

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-06-2013, 04:47 PM,
RE: Do bezels do it better?
Sometimes I take mine off sometimes I don't. It just depends if I feel like wearing it! My set it is a pave halo, bezel set eternity, and a shared u prong 3/4 eternity (all diamonds). I figure I would prefer to enjoy it that to have to take it off all the time! I've weighed up the pros and cons!

If you want to wear it, I would just wear it. It's just to bed!

[-]
  •
03-06-2013, 04:50 PM,
Everyone knows that I never take my rings off. Sleeping in them is the least of my concerns -- I just laid a kitchen floor in them a couple weekends ago! I wear my rings and earrings the same way your grandma wears her ring. Except that I do take it off to clean it when it gets gunky, so it doesn't look like a Pillsbury doughboy. Wink I own it to enjoy it, so I enjoy it for all its worth and happily accept the risks that come with that.

However, I have a prong set and a bezel set, so I have a little bit of comparison experience. My bezel is indeed more wearable, but I think that the biggest factor in that is that it sits a few millimeters lower than my prong set. My prongs never catch on anything - hair, towels, whatever, so I don't notice any difference there. But I notice that it creates less resistance when I do something like put on mittens/gloves. The "glide factor" of the bezel is really nice, with both the smooth top and the height being factors in that.

Something to consider is whether you want to see the side of your stone or not. I thought that I wouldn't even notice that, but it turns out that I miss being able to see my stone from the side when I wear my bezel. Surprise. When I put my prong solitaire back on after a few days, I always think, "Well hello there, pretty stone, I missed you."

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
03-06-2013, 05:27 PM,
I shouldn't, but I sleep in Jules more often than not and that setting is very delicate and the curly q's do snag. <-- Going to see about getting that fixed once DK is back in town. That's the only issue I have. But I don't know. I just feel better having it on.

I take my rings off to shower and wash my face. <-- and the only reason I do that is because of a ring going down a drain once. So I tend to be very careful about that.

I also sleep with my u-prong eternities and they never catch on anything. I've slept with my prong princess cut, my channel set band, my pave rings.

I've never had any issues with any of my other rings. The only issues I've ever had with snagging are with Jules. Weird I know. But hopefully I can get it fixed soon.

[-]
  •
03-06-2013, 05:41 PM,
I take mine off to sleep and if I am doing any other hard choir (mowing the yard, etc.) - but that's because I am lazy and don't want to clean them all the time.

No, it's not weird that you want to keep them on all the time - not at all!

[-]
  •
03-06-2013, 05:56 PM,
I would feel more *comfortable* wearing a bezel to bed, but I don't wear any jewelry to bed ever. Not because doing so is wrong, but more because I have sensory issues in general.

[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • MicheleZ
03-06-2013, 05:59 PM,
(03-06-2013, 05:56 PM)stardust Wrote: I would feel more *comfortable* wearing a bezel to bed, but I don't wear any jewelry to bed ever. Not because doing so is wrong, but more because I have sensory issues in general.

Yeahthat

I just can't. I normally take my rings off when I get home too... along with my bra. Crackup

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
03-06-2013, 06:01 PM,
ROFL! That's awesome - get comfortable - stay comfortable! lol

The reason why I wear my rings at home is because I am home all the time since I work from home. If I didn't wear them here, I wouldn't ever wear them lol

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • MicheleZ
03-06-2013, 07:53 PM,
Me too MrsK. I cannot stand bras at home. The girls need to breathe.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-06-2013, 08:03 PM,
I would wear my bezel set ring to bed occasionally, which was quite comfortable, and while it never snagged on anything, I whacked my hand against the wall wearing it a few times, and I'd be worried about damaging the stone that way.