Do you ever buy something totally not your style?!
[-]
  •
08-19-2014, 07:40 PM,
Do you ever buy something totally not your style?!
Did you like it?

LOL. I kept eyeing this ring on mydiamondzone and won it today. The stone is my style (big and emerald cut) but the setting is very ornate and the shank is rose gold which is not me at all! Dizzy But I just felt drawn to it for some reason and kept thinking about it!!!

I figure worst case I can return it. I'm not 100% about the emerald anyway and you can never tell colored stones until you see them in person. I did buy another loose emerald elsewhere as 'the plan' was to do a Harry Winston ring to go with my baguette band.

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!18931666 by EarthDiva, on Flickr[/img]

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!columbian by EarthDiva, on Flickr[/img]

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-19-2014, 07:59 PM,
RE: Do you ever buy something totally not your style?!
I saw that ring on MDZ and I love it! Gah, I couldn't afford it though as I just bought my OEC ring from them. I hope the colour is just right for you IRL.

That baguette eternity and now this! So friggin jealous

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
08-19-2014, 08:02 PM,
To answer your question, yes I have. But I usually don't keep it after I have it.
But that is beautiful. I love the style of this ring! I hope the color is perfect and you fall for it when it arrives! Congrats!

[-]
  •
08-19-2014, 08:16 PM,
not usually, but I hope you love it!! The cut is not looking promising to me though... but I have been wrong before! So I hope I am here too.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-19-2014, 08:30 PM,
I generally do not buy things that are not my style because I have learned over the years that I probably will never wear it if it's not my style, and I really suck at returning things (of course, if it was a pricey item, that would probably motivate me). LOL

I do hope, however, that you love your new ring when you receive it. It is very pretty! And kudos to you for being brave and taking the chance on something that may not have been exactly within your comfort zone. The fruit of a tree ... is out on a limb. Wink

[-]
  •
08-19-2014, 09:08 PM,
(08-19-2014, 08:16 PM)jenncent Wrote: not usually, but I hope you love it!! The cut is not looking promising to me though... but I have been wrong before! So I hope I am here too.

Yeah, I am not sure about the cut either! With the inclusions it may be okay since windowing can be less apparent, I'll just have to see! Also not sure if the color is saturated enough for me... I have loved other less than 'ideal' colored stones though, so I figured it was worth a shot.

[-]
  •
08-19-2014, 09:11 PM,
(08-19-2014, 07:59 PM)Bling It On Wrote: I saw that ring on MDZ and I love it! Gah, I couldn't afford it though as I just bought my OEC ring from them. I hope the colour is just right for you IRL.

That baguette eternity and now this! So friggin jealous

Well I have you to thank! Bighug I only looked at MDZ after seeing your pretty diamond and hearing you rave about their great customer service. I figured I'd take a chance!

[-]
  •
08-19-2014, 09:11 PM,
I could say no, because ignorance is bliss. I have no idea WHAT my style is, so it follows that I've never knowingly purchased something that wasn't.

On the other hand, of course the answer is YES because I'm trying to figure out what the heck IS my style? Toofunny

[-]
  •
08-19-2014, 09:17 PM,
(08-19-2014, 08:30 PM)SparkleFactor Wrote: I generally do not buy things that are not my style because I have learned over the years that I probably will never wear it if it's not my style, and I really suck at returning things (of course, if it was a pricey item, that would probably motivate me). LOL

I do hope, however, that you love your new ring when you receive it. It is very pretty! And kudos to you for being brave and taking the chance on something that may not have been exactly within your comfort zone. The fruit of a tree ... is out on a limb. Wink

Yeah...like you and @Slick said I don't tend to wear things that aren't my style but then every now and again I take a chance on something out of my zone and love it. Typically it's something like shoes or a funky eye shadow, though, so...less of a risk! I like that saying, though!

[-]
  •
08-19-2014, 09:25 PM,
(08-19-2014, 09:11 PM)stardust Wrote: I could say no, because ignorance is bliss. I have no idea WHAT my style is, so it follows that I've never knowingly purchased something that wasn't.

On the other hand, of course the answer is YES because I'm trying to figure out what the heck IS my style? Toofunny

LOL! I had to read that twice. I totally think you do have a particular style, though, even if it doesn't fit neatly into a particular box w/ a label. When I see certain pieces I think, "oh stardust would like this" so there is some sort of pattern to it.