Does this listing seem fishy to you too?
[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 12:53 PM,
Does this listing seem fishy to you too?
That looks like an antique cushion cut to me. Or maybe they hacked the sides off an OEC? Spelling moissonite? I asked them some questions so we'll see what they have to say.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/166278238/a...pe=gallery

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 01:13 PM,
RE: Does this listing seem fishy to you too?
Very fishy. I saw something like this the other day listed as an antique cushion moissy and lifted an eyebrow. It might have been this very listing actually because it did have sapphires. I would have posted about it had I not been at work.

[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 01:13 PM,
So this was my email to them

Hello,

The cushion cut stone in the center - Did you have this moissanite cut because Charles & Colvard has never cut moissanite in an antique cushion. The stone appears to be cut in the antique cushion cut. Do you have a face on through the table pic? You are spelling moissanite incorrectly so are you able to verify that this is a SiC Charles & Colvard stone and not a CZ?

Thank you.

Here is what I got back.

The ring is made to order , this is a sample picture. Gary

[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 01:19 PM,
So maybe he is using a regular cushion in the real ring you would get? But that would not be what I ordered by the pic for sure.

[-] The following 1 user Likes LaLa's post:
  • MicheleZ
04-06-2014, 01:31 PM,
I dunno, it seems really odd because whatever the answer is, they're not selling what's in the picture. The picture looks like a diamond to me, but maybe it's just me.

[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 01:45 PM,
it's not just you.

[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 01:48 PM,
They look like fay Cullen photos that they stole, and would be making a copy of that ring

[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 06:01 PM,
What a lying jerk

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 06:52 PM,
This might be a scam, but didn't some C&C literature (from WAY back) call the cushions "antique cushions"? I've seen them listed as that in some places, but they're really just the regular cushion cut. But I'd be willing to be that's a diamond in that picture!

[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 07:14 PM,
I think the overall seller just looks a bit sketchy with his other listings as well! I think he is trying to say the ring will look like the one in the photo and is made to order. In any case, I wouldn't want to purchase something not knowing the quality or able to see samples of their work prior.