Don't want to look like a dude...Need earrings ASAP and a bit lost...
[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 03:34 PM,
Don't want to look like a dude...Need earrings ASAP and a bit lost...
I'm just not an earring person generally. But recently (Saturday) I had a chop to get rid of some hair that was dark reddish/purple so I could grow in my natural color and go blonder again, and well...Dodgy...we didn't have as much at my roots as we thought.
I'm a short hair girl, and it looks best on me generally with my features, but I seriously have like three quarters of an inch on top where it is the longest. Yup. Oh the looks I get... CrackupToofunny I didn't even get these looks with my blonde faux hawk with blue highlights last year. It's light brownish blonde and fuzzy and it kind of screams "I got gum in my hair and mommy had to cut it all off" Toofunny I think my only option at this point is to get some sparkly earrings. Angel sigh, what a sacrifice that will be...Angel
So now I'm looking at all the earrings on the board and can't decide at all. They are all beautiful . I love the Fleurs from Schubach's in 5mm OECs, but then I think, is that too small? I like the bezels I see around here, the half moons with Milgrain like the ones @MrsK got in her haul, but then I don't know where to get them. I don't see them stocked on vendor sites.
I'm wondering if the Fleurs would look too formal for me. I'm not exactly Audrey Hepburn. Bezels seem like the look a little more modern. They also seem secure. But to get custom bezels would take way longer than I have. My ears need sparkle now! Not in 4-6 weeks.
I really do prefer OECs. I'm not a big fan of round brilliants unless they're colored, and I don't want colored so I can wear them all the time. Ideas?

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • JuBe
04-07-2014, 03:58 PM,
RE: Don't want to look like a dude...Need earrings ASAP and a bit lost...
I love love love those bezels. I'd totally go that route. I've had the fleurs, solstice settings and martinis. The solstice (six prongs) were my favorite, but I prefer the look of the bezels above all of 'em!

Now...I need photos of this haircut. It sounds awesome.

[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 04:07 PM,
Ha ha ha ha ha. I don't know that I want records of it anywhere. Lol. But bezels would take a long time, right? I didn't see anyone carrying them, so I'd have to go custom?
@stardust are the Solstice heavy? I have a Solstice solitaire ring and it's quite substantial.

[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • Bluespawkles
04-07-2014, 04:24 PM,
(04-07-2014, 04:07 PM)Bluespawkles Wrote: Ha ha ha ha ha. I don't know that I want records of it anywhere. Lol. But bezels would take a long time, right? I didn't see anyone carrying them, so I'd have to go custom?
@stardust are the Solstice heavy? I have a Solstice solitaire ring and it's quite substantial.

I thought Schubachs had them now? @jenncent is that the case? @MrsK would know too.

The solstice ones were DIVINELY substantial. Not too heavy at all, but NO ONE questioned the authenticity of the stones because the settings were so fantastic.

[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 04:27 PM,
(04-07-2014, 04:24 PM)stardust Wrote: Where did you get the solstice ones from, if you don't mind me asking.
(04-07-2014, 04:07 PM)Bluespawkles Wrote: Ha ha ha ha ha. I don't know that I want records of it anywhere. Lol. But bezels would take a long time, right? I didn't see anyone carrying them, so I'd have to go custom?

I thought Schubachs had them now? @jenncent is that the case? @MrsK would know too.

The stolstice ones were DIVINELY substantial. Not too heavy at all, but NO ONE questioned the authenticity of the stones because the settings were so fantastic.

[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • Bluespawkles
04-07-2014, 06:38 PM,
The half moon bezels are part of Schubach's line. They are not a stock item at one of the casting houses. They're actually made by one of the master goldsmiths, Gilbert. So while they're not custom, they sorta are. Does that make sense? They take about 3 weeks to make. They are very delicate looking, but substantial enough at the same time.

Also, I have 5mm OECs in fleurs. I don't think they are too small.

[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 07:01 PM,
I like my fleurs enough that I have two pairs - rose gold and white gold both 5mm OECs. I like the bezels too though.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Bluespawkles
04-07-2014, 07:09 PM,
I have martinis and our bezels. Love the bezels!! I want to try the fleurs still. The bezels are hand made and will take 3-4 weeks. The fleurs would be more like 10-14 days I think. I also want bigger bezels. Mine are baby sized, and I want some 7.5mm.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 07:30 PM,
@MrsK that makes sense. Thanks for the info, and affirming the size of the Fleurs. Your earrings are gorgeous.
@ idahosubaru ooh, now I'm sold on the Fleurs...decisions.
@jenncent what do you mean by baby sized on your bezels? Do the bezels have to be milgrained? I'm not sure how I feel about milgrain.

[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 08:17 PM,
Mine are 4mm, so tiny. Smile And nope, milgrain is optional. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website