EDIT: video added - It's here! My radiant yellow diamond ring from JBEG
[-]
  •
01-26-2013, 12:22 AM,
EDIT: video added - It's here! My radiant yellow diamond ring from JBEG
First some back story, little bit of a review, then photos! Back in November I purchased the 14k yellow gold antique cushion five stone ring from JBEG. I had contacted Grace about this ring, said I was interested in buying it and then completely forgot to pay because I became busy with school. Next thing I know the ring had been sized and there was a tracking number for it to my house. Hitting the uh oh moment I immediately sent payment as I had wanted it anyway. The ring arrived and my heart sank. It was rose gold colored, according to my dad it was "penny colored", and not yellow. It also had a visible black inclusion, from the top, making the center diamond an I1 and not in the VS to SI range as described. I contacted Grace with my disappointment and concern and she agreed to work with me on a custom Lisa setting. My side stones were to be pink and yellow diamonds with a deadline of February. In December, I sent emails every couple of weeks checking in. Then at the end of December I was told they were expecting a parcel of pinks. One week later I checked in and they had not yet arrived. The next week I checked in and it was an, oh they were too light but I took photos of the yellows (wait, she never said there were yellows in there). One week later I checked in again because photos never arrived though she swore she sent them. They were never resent either which makes me wonder if they even existed. I was checking up every single week, once a week, because she would not email me with updates, etc. Finally I was becoming very worried and frustrated. I found the yellow diamond ring by Daniel M on her site and decided to give it a shot. Grace said she would have it sized and shipped 2nd day air (which I paid a lot for!) to me and I would have it by today, Friday. On Thursday, after not hearing anything I once again emailed her to see what was going on. She said that it took longer to size then expected and she would overnight it to me. Which she did and I got it today. Communication overall was poor. Merchandise as described was poor to moderate. The yellow diamond ring I bought was by a different vendor (Daniel M) and had a GIA cert which is hard to "mess up". On her site she posts photos of descriptions done by David Atlas of the pieces yet does not send these with the pieces in the box. I personally would not do business again with them. Communication is very important to me, especially when it pertains to such a large purchase. I do LOVE my new ring and next up will be the photos! Big Grin

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-26-2013, 12:25 AM,
RE: It's here! My radiant yellow diamond ring from JBEG
Forgot to add, the yellow does change a bit depending on light but always is a pretty yellow

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/img]

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
01-26-2013, 01:03 AM,
I'm sorry you had such an unhappy experience, SB. That's just not worth it in the long run. I am happy, though, that you ended up with this beauty.

What a delicious and rich yellow!! And that setting is awesome -- totally interesting and unique without looking like it's trying too hard. The style is a beautiful marrying of dressy and casual, formal and fun. I love it! It seems like it suits you. Do you feel it does?

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
01-26-2013, 04:55 AM,
Pretty - do you love it?

[-]
  •
01-26-2013, 07:36 AM,
oh, I love that ring!

[-]
  •
01-26-2013, 09:27 AM,
It is very pretty! I love the design.

[-]
  •
01-26-2013, 09:37 AM,
DanielM showed me a portfolio of his work and this was a ring he seemed to be very proud of. Are you saying it's not by DanielM (etsy)?

and I'm so sorry that you had a sour experience with JbEG. At least you were able to find something you loved. The ring looks fantastic on you!!

[-]
  •
01-26-2013, 10:06 AM,
It is by Daniel M sorry. I was saying that is one reason I chose it. I do love this ring a lot more then I thought I would. Especially since it is white gold and I am a pretty die hard yellow gold lover. The yellow diamond and yellow gold bezel around the diamond makes it fit in perfectly with my other pieces. For such a small diamond (.46 carat) it is a very balanced piece.

[-]
  •
01-26-2013, 10:23 AM,
It's beautiful! What a horrid experience though.

[-]
  •
01-26-2013, 11:27 AM,
It is gorgeous. Sorry about your crappy experience. It seems this is more common than not when dealing with them.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.