Earring Woes
[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 06:19 PM,
Earring Woes
Helloooo Sparkle Sistahs!

Thank goodness it is Friday. I am le tired and want a weekend of nothingness!

Anyway, I need some help as I am conflicted.

I have diamond studs that DH gave me as my wedding gift. I adore them but there is just one thing. I find them too small...

They are .8 tcw so about 4.5 mm's (does that sound right?)- and I really think 6 mm's would be more my style. Crackup

SO, here is where I am torn. Do I

a) Tell DH I want bigger and visit with my jeweler to upgrade (they have a trade up policy) to bigger diamonds

b) Keep these since they were my wedding present and buy bigger moissy studs...

The other issue is I am trying to be super careful with money right now so I want to do the thing that makes the most sense. So there is always option

c) Sell these and buy bigger moissy studs Hide

or

d) Stop being such a size whore and stick with my original pair!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 06:34 PM,
RE: Earring Woes
I would go with B! I am not very sentimental, but the earrings seem like a staple piece and you might was to be more low key certain times! Moissy isn't as expensive as diamonds especially the price you would pay to upgrade to the size you want! Perhaps do a different variation with the moissy like a martini or bezel millgrain? I would also maybe suggest to get some jackets for your current studs that will make them pop more!

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 06:39 PM,
Those are great ideas @ JooJooBee4! and you are right. they are a staple piece. And yes, would have to shell out some serious cash for the diamond upgrade! And if i keep these I can always get the upgrade down the road...

Perhaps I could do OECs either unenhanced or even BP in rose gold martinis...

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 06:44 PM,
Hey lady, I knew I'd be hearing about earrings after your comment in the "collection" thread. LOL! Didn't take you too long. I agree, keep 'em and buy some fab moissy studs that are bigger and different in some way (metal, cut) than the diamond studs. I actually prefer moissy in my ears because the extra sparkle is nice next to the face.

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 06:46 PM,
In that size I often see them for sale pre-loved...so maybe you can keep yours (which I'd recommend!) AND go for the moissy without breaking the bank?

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 06:52 PM,
I think pinks would be a fab idea!!!!!!!!

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 06:55 PM,
@EarthDiva LOL you know me too well! You know you would have done the same thing Wink I agree with the sparkly factor. That brings me to the OEC or RB debate...

@stardust - very true. wow. i just browsed a bit online and yeah...wow.

Okay that was easy! now I just need to decide what style moissy earrings I want!

Ahhh the decisions

martini or bezel
white gold or rose gold
oec or rb
unenhanced or fb or bp

SO MANY PERMUTATIONS LOL

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 07:05 PM,
@grapefruitlove I'm in similar situation with you too! I got a .25 diamond pendant (That's the most ridiculous he bought.. its over 2k at Birks more than 10 years ago) and .5 earrings tcw! Now.. I want bigger ones ... not sure how DH will feel about it...

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 07:26 PM,
I feel you on that @ILoveSkySky - I don't think my DH will be thrilled to find I want an upgrade. At the time, he didn't know about moissy. He surprised me with the studs and that was extremely sweet because he found out from a friend that I wanted diamond studs (and he never surprises me with anything...its usually him just asking me what I want lol). But they were pretty pricey for the size...

They are nice for a low key look:

Perspective shot:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • Slick
02-07-2014, 07:48 PM,
@grapefruitlove - they are so pretty! your DH is a doll. now you just need bigger studs, lol! my DH has lovely taste and also overpays for everything when it comes to jewelry (as do most people). we had a "gentle" discussion about it a few years back where he got the message that as much as I love and adore him for being so thoughtful, I would prefer to buy my jewelry or at least pick it out. He can surprise me with other things. We have since avoided a lot of awkward convos and spared hurt feelings.