Earrings
[-]
  •
10-27-2012, 08:08 PM,
Earrings
So I finally decided on a pair of daily studs:

Plat 3-prong Martini Studs with 5mm Asha OECs

I was thinking that I could have some fun earring jackets made. I was thinking of having "bella halo" earring jackets made for more fancy occasions and so they would match.

What do you think?

YAY

or

NAY

Does anyone here have any experience with earring jackets?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-27-2012, 08:11 PM,
RE: Earrings
No experience with earring jackets, but I say YAY!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-27-2012, 08:20 PM,
me either..and me too!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-27-2012, 08:22 PM,
If you are going to get jackets, you should get them made at the same times you get the earrings set - so that they match up. I HATE it when the earrings sit way higher than the jackets.

[-]
  •
10-27-2012, 08:28 PM,
Well, AD can't make the jackets, but you're saying I would need to send the earrings to whomever is making the jackets so I don't have the 3D effect. Right?

Do you think JbEG would have to make them since they are copyrighting their designs?

[-]
  •
10-27-2012, 09:18 PM,
Ummm, so if it were me I would buy the ashas and give them to IDJ to get them to make earrings/jackets. I am SURE Jbeg would do it awesome, but they will probs be more expensive.

I am not a copyright lawyer, but my understanding is that you copyright the totality of the design, so just creating an element of jbegs designs in an earring, wouldn't be a copyright violation.

[-]
  •
10-27-2012, 09:31 PM,
I think Turks is right about the copyright, so you could make the basket different for example. But if you feel that Erica would still be upset by that, I would run your ideas by her first, just so that you do not burn that bridge, as you have a good relationship with them. We had to email them for a some design changes when someone wanted us to remake Lily for them and they were very reasonable. It is mostly just a courtesy I think. Smile That client changed their mind and we did not make that ring, but the changes were slight.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
10-28-2012, 11:17 AM,
What other earrings would you use with the jackets? The other reason to go to a jeweler to get the earrings set is because then they can use the same matching mountings to make other studs (I'm imagining sapphires for you..)

[-]
  •
10-28-2012, 11:58 AM,
I could have AD make the same martini studs with sapphires.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • BMV
10-28-2012, 12:16 PM,
I would just get the studs stock, like from AD, and then send hem to have the jackets made around them. that way you can just get the same stock martinis with different stones and not have to worry about custom each time.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers