Earrings!
[-]
  •
04-16-2013, 11:51 AM,
Earrings!
I have been trying to decide whether or not to get some earrings before my trip. I have long wanted a pair of bezel milgrain OECs. These were done with Wink OECs by BGD (and I grabbed the pics off BTD and no longer remember who they belong to, hope she doesn't mind my using them if she's here!):

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

The biggest decision is whether or not I want studs or leverbacks. I really prefer to wear dangle style earrings most of the time, because I have long thick hair and feel like you can't tell I have anything in my ears unless they have some movement and length to them. OTOH, I feel like studs are just more "classic" and something every woman should have in her arsenal of bling Huh

The other decision is size. I'm not one for smaller stones at all, but I know adding a bezel increases the overall diameter. I currently wear a pair of leverback cheapie CZ dangles that probably have a 5, maybe 6 mm stone in them, and would definitely go bigger ... but how much? What is a "good" size? I was thinking 7.5 mm for leverbacks, but what about if I do decide on studs?

I've got tons of tiny diamond studs inherited from my grandmother, and lots of costume jewelry styles, but I've never had the opportunity to start from scratch with nicer ones. Any input appreciated Smile

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-16-2013, 11:55 AM,
RE: Earrings!
OMG,..I want those studs soooooooooooooooo bad!!

I think we need both...leverbacks AND studs!! lol

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-16-2013, 12:00 PM,
I love those! Get them get them!

[-]
  •
04-16-2013, 12:01 PM,
I really love those - I need a pair!

[-]
  •
04-16-2013, 12:05 PM,
OHhh I remember those, I love them too. My vote is Lever backs and 8mm at least. I would do 10mm lmao

[-]
  •
04-16-2013, 12:12 PM,
I have our version of those studs and I love them. I have locking backs, and they are so comfy.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
04-16-2013, 12:25 PM,
OMG!! I have been lusting over this style for so long!! Please get them and then post lots of pictures!!! Are you talking 7.5mm each? Those will be blingin'!!! I was going to say 6.5mm for studs because I do think they will stand out with your long, thick hair. Maybe a tad bigger, if you like? Love them, though.

Whose making them for you???

[-]
  •
04-16-2013, 12:48 PM,
If you wear danglies more, get the dangly kind. I vote for whatever you think will get more use. I think 7.5mm is a good size for danglies.

for studs, I'm on the conservative fence and personally wouldn't go bigger than 5mm.

[-]
  •
04-16-2013, 01:06 PM,
Those are gorgeous! Do bezel studs usually need to be custom made?

[-]
  •
04-16-2013, 01:09 PM,
It depends what exactly you are looking for. For earrings, Stuller had stock ones, but they do not look like these. I think Adwar prob has some too.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries