Ever had this happen?
[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 06:04 PM,
Ever had this happen?
I was at the Dr. today and the nurse grabbed my hand & was oohing & aahing over my ring - 8mm RB moissy goodness! So I said, "Oh! It's moissanite!" And then went on to explain to her about it as I watched her eyes slowly glaze over....

So, all my good intentions of being up front went right down the drain, lol! I always thought I'd always tell people it's moissanite, but now I might just say thanks instead!

Ever happen to anyone else?

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes HS4S's post:
  • MrsK
07-31-2014, 07:08 PM,
RE: Ever had this happen?
I just say "thanks". I find it easier. Lol.

[-] The following 1 user Likes poppyseed's post:
  • MrsK
07-31-2014, 08:04 PM,
(07-31-2014, 07:08 PM)HS4S Wrote: I just say "thanks". I find it easier. Lol.

+100 Smile

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 08:13 PM,
People can be ignorantly crummy! But it can be a drain on the ole personal clock to launch into the "it's made from stars" speech, which most people won't understand anyway. Rock your rock proudly. Banana

[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • MrsK
07-31-2014, 08:15 PM,
(07-31-2014, 08:04 PM)poppyseed Wrote:
(07-31-2014, 07:08 PM)HS4S Wrote: I just say "thanks". I find it easier. Lol.

+100 Smile

Yeahthat why bother? Unless I know they are a jewelry lover too, I just say thank you.

[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 08:55 PM,
Yeah, it's not worth explaining to some people.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes magpie's post:
  • Slick
07-31-2014, 09:01 PM,
I also just say "thanks" in response to compliments for moissy jewelry. Wink Unless somebody asks or exhibits strong symptoms of being a jewelry addict themselves, I don't feel compelled to share all the details.

[-]
  •
07-31-2014, 09:02 PM,
(07-31-2014, 09:01 PM)magpie Wrote: I also just say "thanks" in response to compliments for moissy jewelry. Wink Unless somebody asks or exhibits strong symptoms of being a jewelry addict themselves, I don't feel compelled to share all the details.

"strong symptoms" So accurate, I love it Crackup

[-]
  •
08-01-2014, 06:08 AM,
I learned my lesson early on . . . several co-workers were admiring my (then) new Amora moissy ring and, naturally, I launched into my spiel when another co-worker came by and disdainfully said "it's just a cubic zirconia." I did try to correct her as she was walking away, but I was left fuming.

Long story short, that same mean co-worker is now looking to purchase moissie studs and she would love a matching pendant tooRofl

Now-a-days I just say thanks and move on unless, as another poster stated, the individual shows clear signs and symptoms of addiction Toofunny

[-]
  •
08-01-2014, 06:15 AM,
awww hugs, sorry she was a buzz kill!

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!