FB OEC or RB?
[-]
  •
03-19-2013, 05:26 PM,
FB OEC or RB?
Hello everyone!!This is my first post here but I have been lurking and reading the posts. It has been so helpful!! I recently purchased and returned an Amora 1.1 cushion cut wedding set from an online retailer. Although I LOVE moissanite I wasn't happy about the setting, it lacked that oomph factor. And : ) I expereienced shrinkage immediately LOL. I am now working with Beth at Schubachs to have my dream ring made. Who by the way is awesome!!I am askinga gazillion questions but I am so excited I can't breathe sometimes lol But I am in a dilemma as I originally asked for a halo design with a 1.4 cushion center. (I love cushion cuts and I thought that's what I wanted) However the inspiration ring has a round stone and I love the way the halo design looks with a round and I am deciding between an OEC or RB FB. I've looked at the OEC and RB videos over and over and I am leaning toward OEC. Any thoughts? Is one warmer or sparklier than the other? And thanks for reading my novel lol...

We never really grow up.. We just learn how to act in public
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-19-2013, 05:30 PM,
RE: FB OEC or RB?
OEC! Post your inspiration ring Smile

[-]
  •
03-19-2013, 05:32 PM,
RB! Post your inspiration ring. Smile

Nyanya MS. Heeheeheehee.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
03-19-2013, 05:35 PM,
Hadley and MrsK both have (or had) both. RB is whiter and more sparkly. The OEC is warmer and more pastely. It is softer, imo. It is tough to decide, but I think I prefer old cuts to modern. That said, I still want an RB, so I don't know either, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-19-2013, 05:37 PM,
Hahaha, Hadley. I love the new pic of your set! But team OEC all the way baby. :p

RBs have a bit of a splintery cut, I actually originally bought an RB- but the cut really started to bother me. It looks a little lines coming out of the middle? I spend the money on a new stone. Pic the one you love the most. Ooooh snap, I'm stealing your picture Hadley!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
03-19-2013, 05:39 PM,
I'm an RB girl all the way.

I want to see the inspiration ring though!

[-]
  •
03-19-2013, 05:47 PM,
(03-19-2013, 05:37 PM)MoreSparkles! Wrote: Hahaha, Hadley. I love the new pic of your set! But team OEC all the way baby. :p

RBs have a bit of a splintery cut, I actually originally bought an RB- but the cut really started to bother me. It looks a little lines coming out of the middle? I spend the money on a new stone. Pic the one you love the most. Ooooh snap, I'm stealing your picture Hadley!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Oh I love them both ooh this is sooo hard... Okay I am going to attempt to post a pic of the ring. Hopefully I won't muck this up

[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • stardust
03-19-2013, 05:47 PM,
Well, I thought I preferred OECs. That is until I got my FB RB. That is my favorite stone so far!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hadley's post:
  • stardust
03-19-2013, 05:48 PM,
I actually prefer the OEC cut visually. I like that it is simpler, and I looove the extra height of the pillow top crown. But dang, when I wore that thing for a bit, I missed the disco ball of the RB so much more than I thought I would. I've always known I'm a sparkle whore, but I didn't know just how die hard I was about it until I got the OEC and found it wasn't enough "Thousands Points of Light" for me.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-] The following 2 users Like corbet's post:
  • Mamacass77, McThrice
03-19-2013, 05:53 PM,
okay here she is...

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/img]

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/img]