FB vs Unenhanced
[-]
  •
09-10-2013, 11:13 AM,
FB vs Unenhanced
For a larger cushion cut moissy (between 9-10) - do you think there is a big difference in color? I am torn what to purchase. My first instict is to get a FB but I do like some warmth at times.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-10-2013, 12:20 PM,
RE: FB vs Unenhanced
(09-10-2013, 11:13 AM)Olivejuice Wrote: For a larger cushion cut moissy (between 9-10) - do you think there is a big difference in color? I am torn what to purchase. My first instict is to get a FB but I do like some warmth at times.

Olivejuice, I can't speak for cushions, but I ordered both unenhanced and FB 6.5 mm Round Brilliant. The difference was HUGE. The unenhanced was visibly warmer and hazier looking, even though when I first compared them the unenhanced was set into white gold and the FB was loose. It's ok if you love warmth, FB will still have a tad of warmth at times, but it just won't have any yucky green or yellow. Also overall the FB seemed like a higher quality stone to me - it was kind of brighter and clearer and it still sparkles like crazy (not less fire than unenhanced). I just upgraded my mobile and the pics are on the old one. When I get a chance I will post a pic of my set with FB.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
09-10-2013, 12:28 PM,
Do you like warmth inside of a halo? This makes all the difference to me. I can do variations in a solitaire, but I don't cope well when a center and a halo are different shades of whiteness/warmth.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
09-10-2013, 12:34 PM,
I asked the same question when I bought my oec and everyone told me to get the FB. I'm so glad I did because it's the perfect amount of warmth. I wouldn't want any warmer. I'm just 100% pleased with it. Smile I was really torn too, as far as making the decision went, for what it's worth.

Obviously I don't have experience with cushions, but I would go FB.

[-]
  •
09-10-2013, 12:48 PM,
I own both forever brilliant and un enhanced stones... My opinion .. It all depends on what
Color the stone is before they do the forever brilliant treatment on it.. I have a round forever brilliant and a cushion un enhanced.. And the cushion is a tad whiter than the round forever brilliant...some Un enhanced stones are beautiful just as they are.. And are not yellow/ or funky...And some need the enhancement to rid the unwanted funky undertones..

[-]
  •
09-10-2013, 12:54 PM,
I would get the FB. I think that will still have some warmth, like J.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
09-10-2013, 01:06 PM,
I wish I could post pics if my stones here to show how they compare,,but I don't have a photo bucket account..
I do think it may be luck of what one receives when they order moissanite...unless the stone is hand picked.. In my case my cushion was.. And the FB round was just ordered from a vendor..

If you have the extra cash go for the forever brilliant..unless you can have a un enhanced hand picked to save some cash..

[-]
  •
09-10-2013, 01:32 PM,
I had an amora oec that was 9mm and it was white as hell but still a little warm to me. I heard that cushions show more warmth in moissys than rounds, and the bigger you go the more warmth, so I say FB Smile

What comes to mind is AmoraGirls cushion FB moissy in her diamond halo, you can still see a little warmth and it looks purty Smile

[-]
  •
09-10-2013, 03:32 PM,
(09-10-2013, 12:28 PM)Hadley Wrote: Do you like warmth inside of a halo? This makes all the difference to me. I can do variations in a solitaire, but I don't cope well when a center and a halo are different shades of whiteness/warmth.

I actually do like some variation. I don't want it to look champagne by any means but I don't like the blob of white either. I kind of felt like my halo was a blob of white at times. I'm happy that Frosty changed the stone out to be honest. I think it will look so much better.

I'm so undecided. I appreciate everyone's comments tho-

[-]
  •
09-10-2013, 03:47 PM,
(09-10-2013, 01:06 PM)LaurieLee Wrote: I wish I could post pics if my stones here to show how they compare,,but I don't have a photo bucket account..
I do think it may be luck of what one receives when they order moissanite...unless the stone is hand picked.. In my case my cushion was.. And the FB round was just ordered from a vendor..

If you have the extra cash go for the forever brilliant..unless you can have a un enhanced hand picked to save some cash..

Here ya go, but only of the unenhanced:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
2695154 by Roxiblu143, on Flickr
6024380 by Roxiblu143, on Flickr
untitled by Roxiblu143, on Flickr