FYI
[-] The following 4 users Like Barlan's post:
  • JuBe, MicheleZ, MrsK, OoohShiny
03-20-2014, 06:14 PM,
FYI
Today I picked up some repair items from my jeweler. He showed me a diamond he had for sale. It belongs to an 80 year old couple who are selling it. It's a RB 4.01 carat, H color, VS1, GIA certified. It was gorgeous. They want $75,000 for it. My jeweler told me that according to the Rapp Report it is worth $124,000. He asked if I wanted to buy it and I told him I'm not interested. A female customer was there and she grabbed my hand and told me my diamond is beautiful. I thanked her and left. I was wearing my 11mm round unenhanced Moissy which is set in a diamond mounting. This only served to reinforce my belief that moissanite satisfies my desire to wear sparkly jewelry without the exorbitant price tag. There was a time in my life when I would have drooled over that diamond but not anymore. I can only imagine how I will feel when the AG becomes available next year.

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes HS4S's post:
  • MicheleZ
03-20-2014, 06:23 PM,
RE: FYI
:-) :-) :-) I love this! I would love to see a picture of your ring!

[-]
  •
03-20-2014, 06:44 PM,
I also second wanting to see a photo of your ring Big Grin

[-]
  •
03-20-2014, 06:59 PM,
photos please =)

[-]
  •
03-20-2014, 07:25 PM,
That is pretty awesome @Barlan!

[-]
  •
03-20-2014, 07:47 PM,
I agree. There was a time I lusted after diamonds, diamonds, diamonds. Now I'm so enamored with my OEC Moissy, my RB 1.3 diamond sits in the safe waiting for the kiddies to use I guess. Pictures please of your ring.

[-]
  •
03-20-2014, 07:58 PM,
Awesome Story....... I am totally Happy with my Moissys...:-) they totally fill my sparkle needs!!

[-]
  •
03-20-2014, 11:48 PM,
Ladies, I would love to show you pictures of my rings, but I can't even take a decent photo. I've tried and the pictures are blurry and awful. Even if I could, I would have no clue as to how to post them here. Sorry.

[-]
  •
03-21-2014, 02:26 AM,
I feel exactly the same about my moissy's Smile I have my Mother's platinum 3 stone diamond ring but I prefere to wear my moissanite ring! I have completed my Moissy collection & have a 9mm stone in my ring,a 7mm pendant & 2 pairs of earring studs,5mm & 4mm . I am not interested in the Amora Gems Smile

[-]
  •
03-21-2014, 05:19 AM,
Queen, not even a little curious about the AG? I feel the same as you do about having enough moissy. I have two rings, one pendant and a loose 10mm stone. I sold a lot of moissy pieces and also some loose stones. I can't seem to part with the last loose stone. I am really interested in the AG because it's new and sounds really beautiful. When it is available, I will buy a large one,maybe 10 or 11mm. I feel I have enough.