Feelers for my 5 stone anniversary band
[-]
  •
06-21-2013, 10:18 AM,
Feelers for my 5 stone anniversary band
I am going to have it redone in platinum and with moiss OECs, so am putting out feelers to see if anyone is interested in the current version. I simply love the heft of my platinum e-ring and had always planned to swap out the stones for moiss OECs. I figured I might just go ahead and redo the whole thing in order to make it in a metal w/stones that have even greater durability for handing down someday to my children Smile

- Created by David Klass and bears his maker's stamp inside the shank, along with the metal content stamp.
- 18K *plated* white gold Five Stone anniversary band. It contains five Wink CZ old european cut stones, 5 mm each, a 2.5 tcw if they were diamonds.

- I don't have exact measurements on shank width but am guesstimating it to be approx 3 mm. When I place it next to my 2 mm bands, and gauging it against the 5 mm stones it holds, that seems to be fairly close. The shank is lightly domed and then flatter on each side so it sits nicely against other bands. It's got a nice thickness and weight, but still not as much as platinum.

- I asked DK to claw the shared prongs as much as possible without compromising stone security and I think he did an amazing job. They are certainly not the clunky, clubbed look that some shared prong settings can have and are almost invisible in the setting.

- Stones sit in an open gallery to allow plenty of light to flow through, and Wink OECs are well known for being quite amazing for "just" CZs. They are heat enhanced to "Imperial White" or approximately an H/I color, which does give them some depth and realism. Compared to some plain old CZs I have on hand, they definitely do not have a D/E color. They have the beautiful chunky facets of OECs and are some of the sparkliest stones I have ever seen.

- Size 7.25+ - I needed it to be slightly larger than 7.25, but not all the way up to 7.5. DK made it somewhere in between. If there's an actual number for that size, I don't know it Smile

- Asking price is $800 shipped/insured. I paid $215 for the stones, and $750 for the setting. I *just* received this band back from DK after being resized, so it essentially looks brand new, and was only worn for a few short weeks prior to that.

I'm only going to put a few photos here since most of you have seen this ring. However, if you'd like more, I'd be happy to get you some and here are also the links to the posts where I showed it when first received that contain lots of pics:
http://thefacetlounge.com/showthread.php?tid=1423
http://thefacetlounge.com/showthread.php?tid=1436

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

A video of the stones when they were unset:

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-21-2013, 10:26 AM,
RE: Feelers for my 5 stone anniversary band
I love this one so much! I have my fair share of 5 stones, and I am sure it will sell super quick Smile

[-]
  •
06-21-2013, 10:43 AM,
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

have I missed something about that bracelet you are wearing???????????????

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
06-21-2013, 10:49 AM,
(06-21-2013, 10:26 AM)JooJooBee4 Wrote: I love this one so much! I have my fair share of 5 stones, and I am sure it will sell super quick Smile

Awww, thanks! If not, it's no big deal because I love it so much as it is.

(06-21-2013, 10:43 AM)kangaroocrazy Wrote: ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

have I missed something about that bracelet you are wearing???????????????

No, it's in one of the threads linked above. It's just a Diamonique bezel bracelet from QVC that I bought as a travel/economical piece for my trip to Fiji. I like it ok and it will do until I eventually get around to making whatever "real" bracelet I have in mind Smile

[-]
  •
06-21-2013, 11:14 AM,
Want a five stone sooo badly... but not sure I can rock the 5mm stones.