Finger size?
[-]
  •
07-25-2014, 10:48 AM,
Finger size?
I know this is a stupid question but it has been bothering me.

Is .25 of a ring size a significant difference? I'm currently a 5.75 and am trying to lose weight. When I was married, at my lowest weight, I was a ring size 5.5. I'm buying a ring at my current finger size. If I succeed at going down to my wedding day weight, will the 5.75 be too lose? I am getting an engraved band so having it sized isn't really any option. The prudent thing would have been to buy the ring after I lost weight but I'm far too impatient to wait! Angel Plus I want to enjoy life now and not wait for that special weight loss number to live, KWIM?

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like EarthDiva's post:
  • Lorrissey, MrsK
07-25-2014, 10:58 AM,
RE: Finger size?
In my opinion, a .25 size difference is minuscule and I would not worry about it. Also, better slightly larger than tight.

[-]
  •
07-25-2014, 10:59 AM,
It will be loose but "too" loose, I doubt. You can always but sizing beads in it.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
07-25-2014, 11:03 AM,
(07-25-2014, 10:58 AM)EarthDiva Wrote: In my opinion, a .25 size difference is minuscule and I would not worry about it. Also, better slightly larger than tight.

This. I usually don't notice a huge difference in rings sized .25 up or down from my normal size.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
07-25-2014, 11:11 AM,
My "winter" ring finger size is a 7, but I do a 7.25 so I can comfortably wear them in the summer, since my fingers swell like a Pillsbury biscuit in the summer here. Blush

I would suggest you go with your current size as @jenncent said, and do sizing beads to allow for when your fingers go down in size due to weight loss, as well for the summers if they swell in heat also.

[-]
  •
07-25-2014, 12:21 PM,
I don't really notice a difference between .25 either. Plus if I wear more than 1 ring on the same finger I like them being a little bigger.

[-]
  •
07-26-2014, 09:50 AM,
to me, it depends on the ring...if it is an E ring with a large or high center stone, .25 can make a difference, if it is a band then NBD!

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
[-] The following 1 user Likes VirginiaZee's post:
  • Enkay
08-01-2014, 08:36 AM,
And if it's still a tad loose you could always add an extra band. Wink

[-]
  •
08-01-2014, 09:47 AM,
(08-01-2014, 08:36 AM)VirginiaZee Wrote: And if it's still a tad loose you could always add an extra band. Wink

Lol Excuses to buy more are always a good thing! Smile

[-]
  •
08-01-2014, 04:12 PM,
I only notice a 1/2 size diff. 0.25 would not even register to me.

I get distracted by shiny things