Finger swelling and rings during pregnancy
[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 06:30 AM,
Finger swelling and rings during pregnancy
I just found out that I am pregnant! Although it's rather early I am already noticing some swelling in my fingers. My wedding band which is a size 4 now fits normally on my size 3.5 size finger, whereas before it used to fall off. I can't even wear my ering anymore because it's snug enough to bother me.

My question is, did everyone experience finger swelling during pregnancy? And did it go away afterwards? Or did you have to resize all of your rings??

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 07:34 AM,
RE: Finger swelling and rings during pregnancy
(10-03-2014, 06:30 AM)GraceA Wrote: I just found out that I am pregnant! Although it's rather early I am already noticing some swelling in my fingers. My wedding band which is a size 4 now fits normally on my size 3.5 size finger, whereas before it used to fall off. I can't even wear my ering anymore because it's snug enough to bother me.

My question is, did everyone experience finger swelling during pregnancy? And did it go away afterwards? Or did you have to resize all of your rings??

CONGRATULATIONS!! What fab news (says the lady who hasn't slept in 8 months LOL) Cheer2

It's very common to get swollen in all sorts of places during pregnancy and pretty much everyone I know had trouble with their rings in pregnancy. Afterwards is a different story though.
I was a size 3.75 before I had my kiddos and my fingers never went back to being that small. I lost all of the baby weight after my first daughter but fingers still remained bigger.
Now I've had baby #2 and it's been 8 months and I'm sure hell will freeze over before I can put on my original wedding band and ering! I used fat fingers as an excuse to get this new 5 stone anniversary band. Hahaha

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 07:36 AM,
So maybe you should keep the 3 stone trellis with pink moissys in a size 5, it might fit just right for the next 9months then! (Stick a light grey moissy in there maybe? That could look nice)

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 08:11 AM,
Hooray for your special news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so delighted for you!! I had no swelling in my hands whilst I was pregnant. I wore my e-ring, wedding ring an eternity band all on one finger until the day of delivery, and put them back on when I returned home....**** HOWEVER**** the day I found out I was expecting, I noticed my ankles, and legs swelling, and I had really impressive( so much so that the doctor took pics to show to other docs) swelling in the lower half of my body for my ENTIRE pregnancy, and about 10 weeks post delivery... I looked like I had fishing waders on... Thank goodness I could wear cute black shiny crocs to work ( i'm normally a size 8 1/2 but I could barely get a 10 on) my feet are at a 9 now, two years post baby girl Smile My sisters both had hand swelling ( very common, most people do, I'm amazed I didn't), they wore their rings on a necklace until post delivery, and then put them back on reasonably quickly. I had a girlfriend that was so upset about her rings not fitting that she went out and got some very pretty and inexpensive diamonique to wear until she could get her set back on.... Its great to have an excuse to get more sparkle in your life Smile Wishing you lots of luck Stars

[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 09:24 AM,
That is wonderful! Stars

I will tell you that I used to be a size 4.5 pre-kids. I am now a 6.5 and my youngest is 8. lol. My fingers absolutely grew in pregnancy. Not everyone's do, but even when I lost all the weight, I never went down below a 5.5 again. Disagree

I wouldn't size things yet. Pregnancy does screwy things. I'd wear a placeholder set for now and wait until 6 months-a year after you give birth before doing anything drastic. My two cents.

[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 10:19 AM,
I was pregnant with my first when I got married. My original rings were a 7 and I wore them for years. My youngest is 9 and I comfortably wear a 5.5 now. So.....my guess is I was probably even smaller than that pre pregnancy but I didn't wear rings so I can't guess how small. I know I had slender fingers originally and they were chubby for a long time. I had 4 children in 7 years so that accounts for that. Long story short....my hands have definitely changed with pregnancy

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • KTrencha
10-03-2014, 11:38 AM,
CONGRATS!!! That is so fun and exciting!

My finger used to be a 5.5, then a 6 after #1, now a 6.5 after number 2... I am PG with #3 and so far I am still wearing my normal size, but I have sized my new ring to be a 7.25 because I have a feeling I will go up another .5 size and I hate tight rings.

My feet have also stayed wider than pre babies...

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 12:14 PM,
(10-03-2014, 06:30 AM)GraceA Wrote: I just found out that I am pregnant! Although it's rather early I am already noticing some swelling in my fingers. My wedding band which is a size 4 now fits normally on my size 3.5 size finger, whereas before it used to fall off. I can't even wear my ering anymore because it's snug enough to bother me.

Oh my goodness, congratulations!!! Dance4Dancegirl2

I'm so happy for you!

I have never been pregnant, but I've heard different things from different women I know--some needed their rings permanently resized and some didn't. I've also heard from some women that they feel they had other changes, such as permanently wider hips after birth. I don't mean to scare you, it's just what I've been told by women I know. I don't think anyone can predict what will happen, so I wouldn't resize now but I'd probably get some stand ins to wear in the meantime.

(10-03-2014, 10:19 AM)HS4S Wrote: I was pregnant with my first when I got married. My original rings were a 7 and I wore them for years. My youngest is 9 and I comfortably wear a 5.5 now. So.....my guess is I was probably even smaller than that pre pregnancy but I didn't wear rings so I can't guess how small. I know I had slender fingers originally and they were chubby for a long time. I had 4 children in 7 years so that accounts for that. Long story short....my hands have definitely changed with pregnancy

I'm confused--if you wore size 7 rings for years and wear a 5.5 now, wouldn't this mean that you fingers have gotten smaller and not larger?

[-] The following 1 user Likes HS4S's post:
  • flower
10-03-2014, 12:28 PM,
I started wearing a 7 when I got married. I was pregnant with my first then. I am guessing my size now is more true to my actual size because I have no more baby weight or swelling

[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 12:37 PM,
(10-03-2014, 12:28 PM)HS4S Wrote: I started wearing a 7 when I got married. I was pregnant with my first then. I am guessing my size now is more true to my actual size because I have no more baby weight or swelling

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification! I see now. So, in your experience, the swelling lasted for a bit after the babies were born, but you were pregnant several times in a time span of several years so your fingers didn't have a chance to truly go to their original size until after you had had your lovely children and some time passed so the swelling in the fingers went down.