First handshots and videos - my new 5 stone band!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bling It On's post:
  • CricketBug
10-08-2014, 06:12 AM,
Heart  First handshots and videos - my new 5 stone band!
Hello lovely ladies,

So Ive had my 5 stone diamond band for approximately a week now and have finally found the time today to take some happy snaps of my ring. Normally I would be all over a photo shoot of my new sparkly but I just had baby Jas's christening on the weekend, I'm in the middle of organising a pre-schoolers birthday party and I'm also dealing with trying to get my smashed car fixed up. Hectic!!

OK - so when I first got the glamour shots from DK of my ring I was over the moon excited and couldn't wait to get it on my hand. I squealed when I opened the box and saw the LED light sending massive sparkles everywhere! However, as soon as I put it on I was a little dismayed as I thought it looked too wide on my finger. I was kicking myself for not geting a slightly smaller version of the band with smaller diamonds.

But I've been wearing it for the past week and the ring feels like a part of me now. The sparkles are fantastic and I feel special wearing it but not self-conscious like I normally would be if I was wearing a big rock on my wedding ring finger.

I really love the way the band looks when worn on its own but I don't really like it stacked with the band that DK made for me (2mm rounded comfort fit band in WG) or my original wedding band (1.5mm diamond band). I'm sad about this as I would have loved to stack with this ring! I'm currently searching for a variety of bands that might look good stacked with my 5 stone including a thicker YG band and even possibly a double/triple rolling ring like @Slicks!

handshot:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I was breastfeeding baby Jas on the couch in the early evening (it was quite dark in our living room at the time) and my ring was going off like a firecracker! I am still surprised that my ring can sparkle so much when the light is so dim.

More pics:

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-08-2014, 06:16 AM,
RE: First handshots and videos - my new 5 stone band!
Apologies the pics are so damn large - they've come straight from my phone (didnt get time to resize)

Here are some pics of the band stacked with some of my other rings:

with 2mm matching band from DK - dont like it

with my diamond wedding band - dont like this combo either

Looks like I'll be wearing this beauty on its own until I can source the perfect wedder to pair with it!!

[-]
  •
10-08-2014, 06:26 AM,
Love the 5 stone Bling it on! It is so sparkly!! Congrats!
I do like how it looks with the 2mm band. How about stacking a third slimmer band next to the 2mm band? So 5stone-2mm band-wedding ring in that order from top to bottom. How will they look together?

[-]
  •
10-08-2014, 06:56 AM,
It looks great on you. I actually like it with the 2mm band.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-08-2014, 07:22 AM,
@ringcat , @MrsK - thanks! I think the 2mm band paired with my 5 stone looks better in pics than in real life. It's not that the plain band looks bad, it's just that it's too thin compared to the band and makes the 5 stone look even wider which I don't like.
I am hunting for a band either 3mm or 4mm wide and maybe 2mm thick to see if that would work.
I will also try a rolling ring too as the multiple rings make for an overall thicker ring look

[-]
  •
10-08-2014, 07:42 AM,
That video of the fire is off the hook! @Bling It On It looks fabulous on you and I hope this is the one.

[-]
  •
10-08-2014, 07:54 AM,
Just here to say I love it! it is beautiful and David does such awesome work!

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • ijar25
10-08-2014, 08:58 AM,
That is stunning on you. Not too wide at all. Wink And I love it with your bands actually. The palin band prolly the most.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-08-2014, 11:04 AM,
Yep it looks perfect, not too wide at all. I'm with you on not feeling the plain band stacked, which is weird because I loved your photos of it, but not on me, and as you said photos look better than real life for this. What About trying a slim, 2mm shared prong wedding band, like the low profile moissy look that it seems everyone has? More like just a line of white, no detail really, kwim?

Anyway, it looks gorgeous Smile Sometimes I may not like something too much when I first get it but fall in love with it after having it for a couple weeks. Happy to hear I'm not alone!

[-]
  •
10-08-2014, 12:54 PM,
Agreed! It is not too wide at all, it's perfect! It often takes me a little bit to settle in to loving a new piece also.

I like it with the plain band but I think you could do even better!