First post & faint pink diamond!
[-]
  •
11-30-2015, 06:08 PM,
Rainbow  First post & faint pink diamond!
Hi everyone! 

I've been lurking for some time now, and I know a few of you from the BTD boards. I figured now would be the perfect time to finally register because I have a few "projects" in the work that I am dying to share!

Today, my amazing DH and I ordered "our" anniversary ring! It will be 10 years of being together this January...not 10 years of marriage, but 10 years as a committed couple. One month after that, I will be turning 30  Angel, and we decided to celebrate with a diamond. Together we chose a .61, VS1 Faint Pink round diamond and I am totally thrilled! Here is a link to the stone: http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds...sku-736060

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

And here's the setting we chose:

Blush  I am bursting with excitement! It was a pretty long process of coming to a decision (which is usually the case with me...lol).

I will, of course, post pics when I get it!

Also coming down the pipeline is a project YEARS in the making. After tons of indecision about whether I should put them in a pendant or a ring, I am going to finally pull the trigger and start the process of making a pendant out of my 1.13 loose carat pear diamond and my .30 heart. I was so torn between doing a tiara style ring or a pendant, but in the end I knew in my heart a pendant was the way to go.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-30-2015, 06:37 PM,
RE: First post & faint pink diamond!
WOW! I am so excited to see the final products. I think they are both going to be special, but the combination of the pear and heart in a pendant is just so lovely, I especially am looking forward to pics of that!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
11-30-2015, 06:38 PM,
Oh, and naughty me, big, huge, hearty congrats on 10 years together. That is something to celebrate x

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
11-30-2015, 07:10 PM,
Thanks, OoohShiny!

I am excited about the pendant, too. I'm still looking at inspiration pics, but I think I am going to have the heart set in a bezel (which the chain would thread through) with the pear dropping from the bottom of the heart. I will probably do the whole thing in rose gold, since my engagement ring is a heart diamond in a rose gold bezel and it would be nice if they echoed each other. I am going to get in contact with DK and a local jeweler and I hope to have the project officially in the works soon after the holiday season.

[-]
  •
11-30-2015, 07:17 PM,
Wow-congratulations on 10 years together!  I love that you got a pink diamond-I can't wait to see it on your hand!  That pendant is going to be pretty fabulous too.  Thanks for jumping in!

[-]
  •
11-30-2015, 07:18 PM,
What a pretty pink diamond! I'm excited to see the finished ring. The diamond pendant is going to be amazing too.

Congrats on 10 years! I'm glad you joined us. Smile

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
11-30-2015, 07:53 PM,
Congrats!! both of these are going to be gorgeous! I think it will pink up nicely in the rose gold too!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-30-2015, 08:09 PM,
Welcome and I am *so* excited about your projects!  Omg, a pink diamond!  Lucky lady.   Heart

[-]
  •
11-30-2015, 08:09 PM,
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Hi, JCent Smile. I was thinking the same thing - I love how it's just ever so barely pink, but I think the hint of color will show nicely in the rose gold, especially in contrast to the white sidestones.

[-]
  •
12-01-2015, 12:23 PM,
Congrats on ten years! Wow, that diamond is amazing. I love how pale pink it is. It reminds me of Blake Lively's pale pink oval, which I absolutely love. Can't wait to see it set! And the pendant will obviously be amazing too!