Flower Ring Project
[-]
  •
10-14-2014, 06:36 AM,
Flower Ring Project
I may have found the stone for my little flower ring project. Boing Boing Boing!! I had to expand my search beyond Malaya Garnets because trying to find one in exactly the cut and size that I wanted was becoming problematic. I was able to find a few cushion cut ones that would work, but my heart really wanted an emerald cut. So I found this Imperial Pink Tourmaline:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111258904175

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

In this picture is looks like there is some smutchz on the stone but the listing has a video of a much cleaner looking stone. It is the perfect size and he listing says VS so I hope it is eye clean. I made the a pretty low ball offer that they accepted so I am pretty happy. Plus if I don't like it I can always return it.

For reminders here is the ring that it will hopefully be going into. It will be going to DK for a face lift to set the new stone.

What do you think?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-14-2014, 09:02 AM,
RE: Flower Ring Project
I really like the idea of the juxtaposition of the emerald cut with the curved lines of the flowers. I think it will be beautiful! can't wait to see it all done and on your hand.

[-]
  •
10-14-2014, 11:16 AM,
Ooooh I love facelift transformations!

[-]
  •
10-14-2014, 02:27 PM,
Ooh that's going to be amazing!

[-]
  •
10-14-2014, 06:37 PM,
I adore tourmaline. That setting is so pretty!

[-]
  •
10-14-2014, 08:00 PM,
I remember that setting. That's going to be perfect! Love the flowers on the shank! DK will sharpen that up nicely!

[-]
  •
10-15-2014, 05:36 AM,
DITTO! That will be beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished piece.

[-]
  •
10-15-2014, 09:55 PM,
Yay! I'm excited that you're getting around to breathing new life into that setting. I hope that the tourmaline looks beautiful when you see it in person!

[-]
  •
10-16-2014, 05:03 AM,
Thanks ladies! Now is the agonizing wait for it to ship from Thailand. Eyeroll

[-]
  •
11-09-2014, 01:09 PM,
Well here is the stone in person. Sorry for not posting sooner we have had the worst weather and I was just not able to get any really good pictures indoors.

It is a bit more mauve against my skin then I was expecting, but it is lovely. I am not very well versed in colored gems. This is a natural unheated tourmaline and it does have a visible inclusion. The "smutchz" that you see in their photo and the close up one I took cannot be seen when you are just looking at the stone from a regular but the inclusion does catch the light and can be seen from a regular distance. You can see it in the lower right in the video. It is the dot.

What do you all think?