Forever Brilliant Hearts and Arrows
[-]
  •
10-10-2014, 05:44 AM,
Forever Brilliant Hearts and Arrows
I would like to have a pair of earrings made and have two questions: for stones 2 carats in size, would it be easy to distinguish by the cut that it was not a diamond? Is the cut that different from a diamond?

I would use one of our trusted vendors from the board. Are these stones so varied (like the plain moissanite) that they should be hand selected? Thanks!

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brit's post:
  • mmascall
10-10-2014, 07:26 AM,
RE: Forever Brilliant Hearts and Arrows
I will take your second question first, I think that all stones no matter the material or cut should be hand selected for the attributes that are most important to you. That being said the H&A cut just came out so I would not think anyone really knows what the variation of quality control is yet. As for someone looking at you wearing your earrings and being able to tell they are not diamonds. I highly doubt it. The cut percentages are slightly different than a real diamond, but that is because it isn't a real diamond and you need to vary the cut slightly to get the most of the material, but the quality of the cut on C&C's moissanite is good to very good in comparison to most diamonds on the market. The biggest give away with diamond sims is the ability of wearer to afford the stone they are wearing, if it were a real diamond.

[-]
  •
10-10-2014, 10:57 AM,
RE: Forever Brilliant Hearts and Arrows
I think that in earrings, it is really hard to tell. I have 2 thoughs on believable though... 1-I think most people wear fake earrings. i think even celebs tend to wear big CZ for their ears most of the time. So people may think they are CZ based on the fact that moist people just tend to wear CZ in their ears. 2- like Brit says, can you afford 4ctw studs? because if you can, and that is normal in your circle, I doubt they will suspect a thing. But if you cannot then 40K on studs may raise some eyebrows.

I would always ask for earring stones to be hand selected and matched as well. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website