Forever Brilliant Recut
[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 10:30 AM,
Forever Brilliant Recut
Has anyone heard of how a Forever Brilliant Moissanite recut turns out re: color.

I know regular Moissanite turns tea color, but I wonder if FB has ever been recut and what the color result is.

I emailed Michael E. to see if he is done any, waiting to hear back.

Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 11:07 AM,
RE: Forever Brilliant Recut
I imagine it would have the same results as that Amora oval he did. Start with something small maybe, so you are not out $1000 on a big stone.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 11:10 AM,
Tell me about the Amora oval, I don't think I heard about that, what color did it turn? I can live with faint yellow KLM, but not brown. That is what I said in my email, that I could test it with a small one first.

Oh and how did the cut itself turn out, any dark center? was it an antique cut?

[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 11:16 AM,
Of course now I can't find the thread, lol. Lorrissey owned and then Sparkly Blonde, so hopefully they will both post pics for you. Then Mimiryan bought it and then someone else bought it from her. I think Mimiryan didn't want to sell really, but the current owner seemed to really want it. But she sine listed it on ebay for an insane price and more than she paid. I am not sure if it is still listed or not.

In the pics, I see tea brown, but all of the Lorrissey and Sparkly blonde, I think, said it was not brown. Hopefully they will confirm that. It was too warm for me though.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 11:18 AM,
oh, and the cut looked great! I don't recall darkness in the center. But it was not a true antique with a high crown/small table. The pavillion was faceted to look like an antique, but there was not enough stone to recut the crown. So of you wanted it deep, like an antique, you need to start with a much larger stone than what you want it to end up with.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 11:21 AM,
Here you go Poppy Smile

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 11:26 AM,
Here's one thread with pics.

http://thefacetlounge.com/showthread.php?tid=150

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 11:29 AM,
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
image by Roxiblu143, on Flickr

[-]
  •
thanks I had just found it too, I love the color! Wonder how the FB would react to cutting? I'm tempted. Smile I would trust Michael cutting technique over C&C for sure. I think to send him a small one to test the color first may be the way to go. Although the size may make a difference in color saturation of the final product. Decisions, Decisions.

[-]
  •
sorry lol we all responded at once. that pic is the best scenario - there are some that are much darker