Forever Brilliant, small marquise: NOT brilliant
[-]
  •
04-10-2013, 06:26 PM,
Forever Brilliant, small marquise: NOT brilliant
This is my Public Service Announcement to anyone who may be considering small marquise cut Forever Brilliant Moissanites.

I just got an eternity band with 2.5x5mm marquise FBs. They are really disappointing. They show a lot of warmth (although not gross green) and a low amount of sparkle in optimal lighting conditions like sunshine and big retail stores.

The less light there is, the more dark and dull they get. On a cloudy day or in household lighting, they are basically full on gray and the low sparkle becomes all but no sparkle. In low lighting they are so dark and dull that they become nonexistent. Last weekend I was in FABulous restaurant lighting at night and my other Moissies were dancing up a storm, but the marquise were literally indistinguishable from my hammered gold band with no stones.

Here are photos of the Magically Disappearing Marquise...

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/img]

I know it would seem logical to think that the issue is these being bezeled. But my other bezeled Moissanite doesn't do this at all. I really feel it's the marquise cut, not the setting. (Heavens, I look like I have a blue corpse hand in the photo on the right!)

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/img]

Sharp mind, soft belly.
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-10-2013, 06:30 PM,
RE: Forever Brilliant, small marquise: NOT brilliant
That's so disappointing. I wanted to get a band like yours with moissanites but it looks like it's a no-go.

[-]
  •
04-10-2013, 06:30 PM,
That's pretty dull =(

[-]
  •
04-10-2013, 06:36 PM,
I'm so bummed for you Hadley Sad

[-]
  •
04-10-2013, 06:36 PM,
I am sorry it didn't work out, but I am so glad that it can all be fixed!!! Smile I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-10-2013, 06:39 PM,
Oh Hadley. That's disappointing for you. Are you still contemplating your options?

[-]
  •
04-10-2013, 06:50 PM,
I sent the ring back to Amcor today and it should be there Friday. So next week Alb will start the process of sorting out options. First he has to see if the FBs will come out without damaging the setting (so it can be reused) and without breaking the stones (so they can be returned for credit). From there we'll move on to other options, depending on what we have to work with.

Whether it's this band or not in the end, I know Amcor won't leave me high and dry. In fact, they are willing to do so much for me that I feel totally guilty right now. I told Poppyseed, I know I don't manufacture, market, or sell FBs, but somehow I still feel compelled to apologize for them being an unwhite and unsparkly disappointment. What's that guilt about? I'm not even Catholic!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
04-10-2013, 06:55 PM,
I get it though. I felt terribly guilt with things like that. That comes from my mother though...

But I think there will b a solution, and they just need to put their best person on getting the stones out so that you have a usable setting and credit for new stones!! Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-10-2013, 07:00 PM,
(04-10-2013, 06:26 PM)Hadley Wrote: [img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/img]

I am SO glad you put forth this Public Announcement! I bought a marquise moissy - just the enhanced version when it was first *new* and I absolutely hated it....looked like plastic *spit* no sparkle, just dull and I actually bitch slapped it a couple of times to see if it would help - it didn't.

HOWEVER, I am officially calling KAPOW shotgun on that there bezel three stone you're sporting! That is just amazing! Makes my banana dance! Banana see?

[-]
  •
04-10-2013, 07:06 PM,
(04-10-2013, 07:00 PM)KendaKarats Wrote: HOWEVER, I am officially calling KAPOW shotgun on that there bezel three stone you're sporting! That is just amazing! Makes my banana dance! Banana see?

Big Grin Thanks, Kenda. I just got this last summer. It was a design from scratch deal. No way am I giving it up. Yet, anyway. There's no telling what the future will bring.

I will add your name to the shotgun list with Idaho and Dragonfly. In the meantime, if you love it as is with a 7.5mm cushion center and 3x6 marquise sides, Amcor has the mold at the ready. Go for it and make a duplicate!

Sharp mind, soft belly.