Gemstone anniversary ring
[-]
  •
01-14-2014, 03:22 PM,
Gemstone anniversary ring
Hi ladies, so I've posted on some other threads about my dream emerald/diamond (or moissy) anniversary ring but so far am having no luck sourcing a natural emerald as the main centre stone for this project.

I'm now considering lab emeralds again and also other types of precision cut gems in a range of pretty colours.
Emerald has special meaning to me as it is my birthstone and DH has bought me numerous pieces of emerald jewelry over the years but really, I didn't anticipate it as going to be so difficult to source a quality stone for this ring.

Anyway, here are some other stones I've seen during my search and are considering. I'd love to hear your opinions as you are all so knowledgable and are so helpful with your suggestions/comments.

Here is a deep blue Australian sapphire from my home state and sourced not far from where I live. Sapphire is also the 5th wedding anniversary gemstone:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Here is a blue green tourmaline that I like purely because of its colour. I know that tourmaline are not too very hardy for everyday wear rings but they are so pretty.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Does anyone have comments about the cut of these stones or other things to ask the vendors about? Im new to purchasing gemstones unseen! I will need to ensure there is a good return policy in case I don't like the stone

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-14-2014, 03:42 PM,
RE: Gemstone anniversary ring
Those are so pretty, I'll be watching this thread as I'm also interested in a gemstone Popcorn

[-]
  •
01-14-2014, 04:19 PM,
Love the color of both. The sapphire seems to black out a bit in the picture, but maybe that's just this picture. It's a lovely blue though. That tourmaline has an amazing color! I love that deep blue green color of tourmaline best.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Bling It On's post:
  • moissypaws
01-14-2014, 04:22 PM,
@moissypaws - feel free to post any interesting gemstones you come across or any good gemstone sites you know of. I would love to share pics of prospective gemstones we could buy!

(01-14-2014, 03:42 PM)moissypaws Wrote: Those are so pretty, I'll be watching this thread as I'm also interested in a gemstone Popcorn

[-]
  •
01-14-2014, 05:49 PM,
They are both pretty, the saphire looks like on hand it will probably black out. The blue is pretty, but will probably have a black bowtie. I would go for somethign lighter in tone in that color.

[-]
  •
01-14-2014, 06:08 PM,
Colourwise, I like the tourmaline. The blue sapphire is pretty, but it does not captivate me. And I agree, it has some really dark spots. I see that issue through the center of the tourmaline pic as well.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-14-2014, 06:41 PM,
Thanks @Turks, @Bluespawkles, @jenncent, these are the kind of tips I was looking for before purchasing. As I said in earlier post, I need to be fairly certain as I will most likely need to pay return shipping to US if I don't like it. Will keep looking.
I've seen some beautiful emeralds too (in colour) however precision cutters seem to stay from emeralds. A lot of the gemstone vendors as recommended on PS don't seem to have much in the way of emerald gemstones

[-]
  •
01-14-2014, 06:49 PM,
The gem trader has really pretty tourms. I like them a bit grey, which helps.

[-]
  •
01-14-2014, 09:27 PM,
Also, Jeff Davies!

[-]
  •
01-14-2014, 10:12 PM,
(01-14-2014, 04:22 PM)Becleeham Wrote: @moissypaws - feel free to post any interesting gemstones you come across or any good gemstone sites you know of. I would love to share pics of prospective gemstones we could buy!

(01-14-2014, 03:42 PM)moissypaws Wrote: Those are so pretty, I'll be watching this thread as I'm also interested in a gemstone Popcorn

Will do! You too! Popcorn