Gorgeous!!!
[-]
  •
12-10-2012, 05:35 PM,
Gorgeous!!!
Look at this gorgeous ring!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/55561857/six...a-in-white

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Seeing all these Ashas and CZs in bezels is making me just want to put my 9mm Asha OEC in Jules and build up the bezel the way I want it... and when the AG OECs drop -- worry about switching out the stones then.

I'm starting to think all this hubbub and worry about asha's/CZ's durability isn't as bad as everyone makes it seem. Because trust me, one of my CZ or asha rings would be tore up if that were the case. I mean, I was doing hand stands on our concrete floors wearing my oval uternity this weekend and it's totally fine. The rhodium plating has only lasted a few months, but the stones are holding up their end of the bargain.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-10-2012, 05:40 PM,
RE: Gorgeous!!!
That is gorgeous, for sure!!! I have no idea on how CZ holds up over time. I treat all my stones like beryl, lol. But I want them to last forever, just as they are.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hadley's post:
  • Lorrissey
12-10-2012, 05:46 PM,
(12-10-2012, 05:35 PM)Lorrissey Wrote: I'm starting to think all this hubbub and worry about asha's/CZ's durability isn't as bad as everyone makes it seem.

My personal experience is that they are way too fragile. I had an Asha Asscher for a bit and because I was paranoid about it, I didn't wear it like I do Moissanite. At all. I was SO careful with it. What a PITA be worried all the time and to take a ring off for doing dishes, pulling weeds, those kinds of things. But even with babying, after just a few months the table was chipping at its outside edges, at the crown. If I'd kept wearing it, I'd have given it less than a year before it would be hideous even from a distance.

(12-10-2012, 05:35 PM)Lorrissey Wrote: I was doing hand stands on our concrete floors wearing my oval uternity this weekend and it's totally fine.

I don't know how you keep up with your bad self, Lorrissey! I get exhausted just reading some of your snippets. Big Grin

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
12-10-2012, 05:57 PM,
hahaha.. Hadley, I don't know how I keep up either. Especially now that I'm on all this thryoid medication which is essentially blocking my metabolism and making me feel like I'm sleep walking. Thank god, for yerba mate and black tea AKA Morning Thunder!!

I'm just wondering if with careful wear an asha would hold up until the AG OEC's. Only a couple more years.

[-]
  •
12-10-2012, 06:06 PM,
(12-10-2012, 05:40 PM)jenncent Wrote: I treat all my stones like beryl, lol. But I want them to last forever, just as they are.

Haha! This is me too. Blush

I love that ring, Lorrissey. I am considering doing a bezeled sapphire early next year. Big Grin

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
12-10-2012, 06:07 PM,
So pretty! I kinda want to do this with my oval.......

[-]
  •
12-10-2012, 06:15 PM,
MrsK, it would be some kind of horrible fluke for one of us to damage a ring. I seriously wear mine when I leave my house only. So really, each one gets worn 5 hours a week, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
12-10-2012, 06:18 PM,
MissKK, please do this with your Oval! And then OcMrsB and I had the brilliant idea of starting a jewelry time share. Every 3 months we switch! Big Grin

[-]
  •
12-10-2012, 06:21 PM,
(12-10-2012, 06:15 PM)jenncent Wrote: MrsK, it would be some kind of horrible fluke for one of us to damage a ring. I seriously wear mine when I leave my house only. So really, each one gets worn 5 hours a week, lol.

Wow, really! I literally almost always have a ring on. I take them off to shower, wash my face and sleep. Sure there are nights when I'm so tired/drunk/whatever I pass out with it all on, but that's not very often.

But even after I wash my face at night, I sometimes put my plain band or my channel set band on to sleep in. I feel super weird without a ring on.

[-]
  •
12-10-2012, 06:28 PM,
Really. I stopped wearing them as much after I had Aria. I was scared to scratch her and then constant hand washing and subsequent hand creaming. So I just got used to not wearing anything at home. Now I find it comfier at home.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers