Got my final Cads....opinions? (Lots of pics)
[-] The following 1 user Likes crazeemom28's post:
  • Mamacass77
06-12-2013, 07:18 PM,
Got my final Cads....opinions? (Lots of pics)
So you all know I have been agonizing over my band to go with Arabella and I got the cads back on the design. As a reminder here is Arabella..and a picture of my inspiration band
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

He sent me the first cads and I tweaked them a bit, and now I have the final along side a cad version of my ring and I am not sure..I feel like something is off but I am not sure..maybe its just because it doesn't show the milgrain and it isn't as smooth because its a cad..but I am not sure. What do you all think?
Original cad (non-eternity) so you can see it by itself..
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-12-2013, 07:21 PM,
RE: Got my final Cads....opinions? (Lots of pics)
I'm really loving the pair together! Is it going to be as wide as you e-ring?!

[-]
  •
06-12-2013, 07:24 PM,
I need to see them size by side and the way they are showing on my screen is jacked up Sad

[-]
  •
06-12-2013, 07:25 PM,
I think it looks great too. Probably the bulkiness of the CAD is throwing you off.

~ McT
[-]
  •
06-12-2013, 07:27 PM,
I really think it's going to look a lot more like your inspiration piece when it's done....I think it will look fab Smile

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
06-12-2013, 07:35 PM,
(06-12-2013, 07:24 PM)Olivejuice Wrote: I need to see them size by side and the way they are showing on my screen is jacked up Sad

Aww that sucks that you can't see them!

I am really hoping that it is because its the cad...I guess I am just overly worried maybe? The band currently is 4mm wide..about 1mm wider than the E-ring. Do you think it looks too wide? Wondering if I should make it 3.5mm or if it looks good the way it is. OH and it will be rose gold on the smooth twist and white gold where the diamonds are.

[-]
  •
06-12-2013, 07:37 PM,
(06-12-2013, 07:24 PM)Olivejuice Wrote: I need to see them size by side and the way they are showing on my screen is jacked up Sad

OK I saved them and pulled them up full screen on duel monitors.

I think the difference is: The inspirational picture of each ribbon (if you will) that loops over is a different shape. It's more of a taped leaf/oval/tear and the CADS are more of curved macaroni look. kwim?

Cropped to show you because sometimes I suck at being articulate.
cad by Roxiblu143, on Flickr

cad3 by Roxiblu143, on Flickr

[-]
  •
06-12-2013, 07:44 PM,
That's just me though, and the more I look at it the more it's fine. It could just be the CAD. I'm not good with CADs.

[-]
  •
06-12-2013, 07:44 PM,
(06-12-2013, 07:37 PM)Olivejuice Wrote:

OK I saved them and pulled them up full screen on duel monitors.

I think the difference is: The inspirational picture of each ribbon (if you will) that loops over is a different shape. It's more of a taped leaf/oval/tear and the CADS are more of curved macaroni look. kwim?

Cropped to show you because sometimes I suck at being articulate.
cad by Roxiblu143, on Flickr

cad3 by Roxiblu143, on Flickr
Yeah..I see what you are talking about. I wonder if it has to be that way because the inspiration is only twisted on the top of the ring and I made it an eternity. hmm...

[-]
  •
06-12-2013, 07:49 PM,
I was just trying to figure out the difference since you said it seemed off. I am the last person you should take advice from lol
I think it looks awesome to be honest. Just trying to help Smile